After updating 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 video in flash websites stop after a few seconds

demasterbaas

8 posts in this topic

I did the update today. All looked to be working fine, until I wanted to play a YouTube movie. The flash window appears, the video starts playing. After a few seconds video freezes, progress bar freezes and buffer bar continues till the movie is fully loaded. When I place the progress indicator somewhere else it starts playing from that point and the same thing happens again after a few seconds.

Happens both in Safari and Firefox. Tried reinstalling flash player from Adobe and rebooting severall times. Tried right clicking in the flash window > settings > disabled hardware acceleration.

I read here the 10.5.5 update takes care of the overheating problems when playing flash movies on a Macbook, can this change have something to do with my problem?

A flash animation like this without a video stream works perfectly smooth!

Does anyone know, I'm considering switching back to my 10.5.4 backup... It's really annoying!

Using NVinstaller v.52 (checking Vanilla and 512MB during setup) for my ASUS GeForce 8600GS 512MB. Will try the reinstall in a few minutes...

Don't kwow how to revert to 10.5.4 open gl framework!?

I'm running dual boot (10.5.4 and 10.5.5) using Hatchery Clone Tool and OSX86 Tools to install bootloader after clone. So I can access/boot both of the installations to work on it.

Whas just checking this out! Seems that's the problem! Going to try 9f23 Intel/ATI/Nvidia/OpenGL installer now...

I'm using 9f33 release, but couldn't resist to try 9f23 driver mentioned... No luck: video hangs at grey bootscreen... Network shares are available, LogMeIn does not work...

So I'm cloning back to 10.5.4 untill there is a better solution.

Didn't select the EFI Studio during setup by the way, driver only.

Clone back to your 10.5.4 install go to System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework Copy that to your desktop as backup then copy 10.5.5 in same folder may work try that if you like. Funny thing is i had that problem with youtube on nvinject on 10.5.4 2sec play nd stop 10.5.5 fixed it for me. 10.5.5 don't support injectors i don't think you didn't happen to leave the injector for your g card in extensions and install gfx strings did you?

I'd just like to add that I had this problem too...

I realized that it was related (at least on my hack) to a sound problem because when I plugged in a pair of usb headphones or speakers, the videos would play fine. Without them, it would just stop after a few seconds. It was only an issue on flash driven video. This was on a machine where I couldn't get the onboard sound to work so I was using the superb iMic instead..

-Rick-

I had the same problem in my original install of OSX and in the upgrade to 10.5.5 on my Asus P5Q Deluxe (P45). I could play mp3's on my HDD but no Youtube or other Internet videos.

I determined it was due to an incorrect audio Kext or incorrect permissions. When I installed the proper audio and fixed the permissions (used OSX86Tool), I was then able to play internet video (YouTube).

I had the same problem in my original install of OSX and in the upgrade to 10.5.5 on my Asus P5Q Deluxe (P45). I could play mp3's on my HDD but no Youtube or other Internet videos.

I determined it was due to an incorrect audio Kext or incorrect permissions. When I installed the proper audio and fixed the permissions (used OSX86Tool), I was then able to play internet video (YouTube).

This is true, I've had the same issue. It seems that the Flash runtime on Mac automatically stops the movie if it cannot output sound.

Thanx for the sound tips! I'm going to try that later on today.

Like you're all describing, it's only in a flash stream. iTunes/Quicktime player works great. Also other streams (Quicktime/WMV (With Flip4Mac)) within a website are working great.

Clone back to your 10.5.4 install go to System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework Copy that to your desktop as backup then copy 10.5.5 in same folder may work try that if you like. Funny thing is i had that problem with youtube on nvinject on 10.5.4 2sec play nd stop 10.5.5 fixed it for me. 10.5.5 don't support injectors i don't think you didn't happen to leave the injector for your g card in extensions and install gfx strings did you?

I'll try the sound solution first, but then I'll check the 10.5.4 framework in the 10.5.5 install.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying in the last part. What I did is: Install 10.5.4 and NVinject. Install 10.5.5 update. Install GFX Strings. On the site they said the setup would remove something because it should be incompatible:

Injectors do not work currently with 10.5.5 drivers so DELETE them if you use one. EFI strings work. ** (natit nvinject and nvkush automatically deleted)