Fedora Core 5 Available

domino

34 posts in this topic

Hi Domino,

I had to uninstall Pine and Pico when I upgraded to FC5 because of some issues. Now I want them back. But I can't find them in any of my repos. I use dries, freshrpms, core, updates-released and extras. Can you tell me which other ones you use? Or can you post the link to the repos thread you referred to? Thanks for any help!

Brad

Hi Brad and welcome aboard! I think the following link will get what you need. Please take head of the WARNING though.

WARNING!

A word of warning, the ATrpms repo is known for overwriting files from base. This is really nasty behaviour and can seriously hose your install.

Repos in Fedora Core 5 (Livna, RPMForge, gstreamer, atrpms - disabled)

I have decided to move on to SUSE 10.1. I figured, while I'm using bleeding edge OS, I might as well use the right one to work with Xgl and Compiz :)

Best!

D

Hi Domino,

Thanks for the help! I was able to get pine from Livna, and pico is included! I only enabled Livna for just this purpose because of the conflict. :) I used to also use the dag repo, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Looks like I'm pretty well set now.

Also, do you happen to know anything about default browser in GNOME? When I click on a desktop link Mozilla starts, even though I've specified Firefox in Preferred Applications. Just one of the last growing pains I'm having on the way from FC4 to FC5. :) Thanks again!

Brad

I seam to recall a setting under Preferences on the bar menus. I think it was called preferred application or something. Anyway you can set the default browser to "firefox %u" without the quote. Also set the browser to default. You shouldn't have mozilla browser and Firefox installed at the same time. Try uninstalling Mozilla if it becomes a bigger annoyance.

• 4 weeks later...