MSN Messenger issues on Leopard...

freddyt234

10 posts in this topic

I've tried using Adium messenger, Mercury messenger as well as the normal Microsoft Messenger and I always get the same error message telling me my connection is {censored}ed...but it's not - my internets perfectly good...:

view error message : http://i34.tinypic.com/29fuhjc.jpg

I'm on TalkTalk in the UK receiving I think about 6 megs...i'm on 10.5.2

anyone got any idea what's wrong with the connection?

I've tried changing the port to 1458 like suggested by another forum...didn't work...

big love to anyone who can offer assistance!

mmm That doesn't seem to make any sense. I personally wouldn't bother changing ports to use messenger. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. if your on a actual mac and not a hackintosh update to 10.5..5

what have u changed on your mac in the last 3 weeks?

I've reinstalled a few times before, I called TalkTalk thinking it was them but they claim that they have no responsibility over that...I even got hung up on for refusing to take that as an answer...i'll update to 10.5.5 and respond to you guys...thanks for the help!

updated and still the same problem....

try running a web messenger and see if there is a problem. There is an option for adium to connect through http as well.. do try that and tell us what happens.

Lately messenger servers have been having troubles as well, it might not show on microsoft pages but there is a problem with it. If web messengers like ebuddy

All the best

Tried

A couple of my friends all using Macs are having no problems with MSN messenger, and now i've found that iChat isn't working with Aim either (i dont know how long this has been for as I barely ever use my aim account or ichat)...someone urgent help is needed