10.4.5 Celeron D no SSE 3 showing

16 posts in this topic

hi i installed 10.4.5 but for some reason my system profile isnt showing SSE 3 the chip has it i know it dose cos its a Celeron D 331, it even has EMT-64T(intel 64bit) this dosnt show up ether. is there anyway to find out why, i didnt install any patches just the defalt install form my DVD i got.

Wich DVD did you use? Myzar's DVD?

For MacApprentice:

Firstly, hello and many compliments, I've seen your posts around and I'm impressed of you!!!! You probable asked the question above because the Myzar DVD uses the sse2 patch, amd and probably other types of patches. If I haven't read incorrecty in another post, you were able to take out the amd and sse2 patch. Is that correct? If yes, can you explain it step by step?

Thanks alot

My understanding as of now is that SSE3 is being used if you used the the myzar installation and your cpu supports it. It is just not displayed under the system profile. Don't worry about it. Im sure its not worth the trouble making a whole bunch of tweaks so it will just say sse3.

My understanding as of now is that SSE3 is being used if you used the the myzar installation and your cpu supports it. It is just not displayed under the system profile. Don't worry about it. Im sure its not worth the trouble making a whole bunch of tweaks so it will just say sse3.

This is incorrect. You have to install your own patched kernel with only the AMD enabler applied(if your cpu is SSE3 and supports NX-bit). It's extremely easy to do, just get the kernel and patches from Maxxuss's site. The AMD kernel patch has to be applied if you install from the Myzar dvd because some files have been changed that require it (even if you unselect amd enabler during installation). SSE3 is working happily on my system and shows up in the system information.

So, I just stumbled onto this site and this seems to be the appropriate thread for my question.

I have an exact match for Apple's MBP; the Thinkpad T60p. The video (X1600) and WiFi (Atheros) are all the same.

I also have MYZ DVD 10.4.5. Now my question is will I have to do something to myz's DVD to make it recognize SSE3 and install properly? I can't wait to do this.

This is incorrect. You have to install your own patched kernel with only the AMD enabler applied(if your cpu is SSE3 and supports NX-bit). It's extremely easy to do, just get the kernel and patches from Maxxuss's site. The AMD kernel patch has to be applied if you install from the Myzar dvd because some files have been changed that require it (even if you unselect amd enabler during installation). SSE3 is working happily on my system and shows up in the system information.

what CPU you have.? can you show us a screenie, and maybe send me the kernel.. so i could test it myself.

This is misleading.

My machine has SSE3 working happily, only it is not shown in the profile. The default kernel works just fine.

xbench for machine 1 is 105.89, and there are is no slowdown executing SSE3 instructions.

@bearcat> how do you get 105 in xbench? I got a similar machine and only get like 75

@Harry_Callahan> you just have to replace your kernel with a base patched one (and other patchs if you need more), depatching AMD patched files is more of a cosmetic thing I think but I maybe wrong.

@bearcat> how do you get 105 in xbench? I got a similar machine and only get like 75

Hi MacApprentice,

Well, I'm using a LCD monitor, so I turned BeamSync off, ie: graphics don't wait for vertical refresh cycles, info here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=7288

And I enabled Quartz Extreme 2D, can also be done with the Quartz Debug app.

cheers

and how do you know there is no slowdown executing SSE3 instructions.

OK, so if i start with the original kernel what patches would i need to apply.?

I'm only trying to relate my experience.

For the patches, you could apply them all except for the SSE3->SSE2 emulation, and test the results yourself.

cheers