GA-EP45C-DS3R

fireofanor

16 posts in this topic

I need an help :(

GA-EP45C-DS3R i wanna buy this board with 4x2gb 1333 MHZ DDR3 RAM and Q9550 quadcore 2.8 12mb L2.

The problem is i cant be sure DDR3 ram gonna work on hackintosh Leopard 10.5.2 or 10.5.4 ...

I've found some information on this topic about GA-EP45-DS3R works well just needs sound patch which is not a big deal. but GA-EP45-DS3R this motherboard supports only DDR2 rams.

For my opinion, GA-EP45C-DS3R and GA-EP45-DS3R has same chip (ICH10R) thats why i think GA-EP45C-DS3R would work too... but i couldnt find any information about DDR3...

Can anyone help please ?

• 4 weeks later...

I wondering me the same question, except I want to add DDR2 but it's for scalability that I would like ideally this motherboard. :)

I plan to buy in a very very few time (probably max. tomorrow), the EP45-DS3R failing to know what about EP45C-DS3R. :D:(

---

:) PLEASE POST, EVEN A LITTLE MESSAGE, TO SAY "YEAH GUY, EP45C-DS3R works !" (or not... but a response :) ) :D

---

And why everybody buy the EP45-DS3R and not the EP45C-DS3R that accept DDR2 AND DDR3 (4 slots DDR2 (16go max) and 2 slots DDR3 (8go max)) for a LITTLE more money ? What is the reason ? "Poor" DDR3 performance for the price of RAM ? But it's not necessarily for now, it's for the future in anticipation, for only few more money...

This board will work perfectly fine, the ddr3 memory will not affect anything but performance....On the positive side of course. Retail Leo loves ICH10 :) Go for it. EP45T DS3R has reported success, also has the ddr3 memory.

:) Thanks for your responses !

But it seems that everybody buy the DDR2-only version, probably because less $ (a few only but...).

And more update for the EP45-DS3R (F10 already now) and only F4 for the EP45C-DS3R (more new product that EP45-DS3R and last update is sept. 2008 also but...). And the EP45-DS3R seems to have many award even a new in september : "Best Buy" (in Ukraine) and no one for the EP45C-DS3R.

And finally, the day where DDR3 will be inexpensive, => PC will be very OLD so new PC with new MOBO with new socket so...

EP45C-DS3R

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Support/Mother...?ProductID=2871

EP45-DS3R

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Support/Mother...?ProductID=2842

So, very probably EP45-DS3R (but hard choice :D ).

• 1 month later...

can u please tell me what drivers i need in order to get it working i have the gigabyte ga-ep45c-ds3r can i send me the download link.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R

I have a GA-EP45C-DS3R working fine with leopard..

After install I just need to patch the audio :P

I have everything working on this board (shutdown, sleep, reset and all) except the audio! I've tried every single 889a Kext there is and none of them work =[ I run Kingston HyperX DDR2 4-4-4-12 RAM in my board fine, no issues there.

• 2 weeks later...
I have everything working on this board (shutdown, sleep, reset and all) except the audio! I've tried every single 889a Kext there is and none of them work =[ I run Kingston HyperX DDR2 4-4-4-12 RAM in my board fine, no issues there.

The audio was the first thing I tackled when I got this board. There was another patch out there that worked, but it routed the internal speaker out to the back line out, and because it has a highpass filter on it, you lose all the lower bass.

"indraganzo" messed around and worked up a great patch that routes it properly..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry967323

All you should have to do is install the AppleHDA.kext from his 1.5.7a24_3outs_2ins_BackPanel.zip

Make sure you have the HDAenabler.kext installed as well as EFIStudio...

Use EFIStudio to generate HDEF audio string, add to com.apple.Boot.plist, reboot and bobs yer uncle!

• 5 months later...

Hi all guys. and thanks for help.

i got a fresh, workin (?!?) 10.5.6 installation.

i got an ep45c-dsr3 mob.

i solved all other troubles but audio.

I copyed AppleHDA, and HDA enabler, but i'm not able to create string for com.apple.Boot.plist

where can i extract the string from?

i often receive messages like this when i update a kext:

[Example 1] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

[Example 2] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Content/Plugins/IOHOAFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

[Example 3] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Content/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

Obviously i tried to reinstall it or the one in the error message... but no way to solve.

I really got no idea, I'm new here in mhack word.

Bye and again thanks for the help.

The audio was the first thing I tackled when I got this board. There was another patch out there that worked, but it routed the internal speaker out to the back line out, and because it has a highpass filter on it, you lose all the lower bass.

"indraganzo" messed around and worked up a great patch that routes it properly..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry967323

All you should have to do is install the AppleHDA.kext from his 1.5.7a24_3outs_2ins_BackPanel.zip

Make sure you have the HDAenabler.kext installed as well as EFIStudio...

Use EFIStudio to generate HDEF audio string, add to com.apple.Boot.plist, reboot and bobs yer uncle!

• 4 months later...
I have a GA-EP45C-DS3R working fine with leopard..

After install I just need to patch the audio :)

Hi Alan!!

Can you confirm that your PCI slots are working.

I have,'t been able to get them to work unless i boot in safe mode (-x).

I have a Broadcom PCI wireless card recognised as an Airport card, but my PCI devices are not detected if i'm not running in safe mode.

Everything else working out of the box: All 4 Cores, Sound, Firewire, etc..

i got an ep45c-dsr3 mob.

I copyed AppleHDA, and HDA enabler, but i'm not able to create string for com.apple.Boot.plist

[Example 1] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

[Example 2] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Content/Plugins/IOHOAFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

[Example 3] "System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Lybrary/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Content/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact ecc...

Obviously i tried to reinstall it or the one in the error message... but no way to solve.

I really got no idea, I'm new here in mhack word.

Bye and again thanks for the help.

Check this topic. There's a fix for the sound there!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1258525

• 4 weeks later...

i got an ep45c-dsr3 mob.

Hi!!

This topic explains how to fix the sound in 2 easy steps.

showtopic=169212&hl=SOUND FIX GA-EP45 (all models 889A)

Hope this helps.

• 9 months later...
Can you confirm that your PCI slots are working.

the PCI slots often work, but usually its only 1 or 2 slots that work best. on gigabyte EP45 boards i've always gotten the bottom PCI slot working, or the one furthest from the CPU. If it doesnt work in one PCI slot, try another

the boards i've tested a firewire or LAN card in PCI slot (bottom/furthest from motherboard) are:

EP45-UD3P

EP45-DQ6

EP45-DS3R

EP45-UD3R

• 4 months later...
can u please tell me what drivers i need in order to get it working i have the gigabyte ga-ep45c-ds3r can i send me the download link.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-DS3R

I have a GA-EP45C-DS3r board, downloaded a bootloader CD, got into the Snow Leopard OS X install, but it is not recognizing any of my harddrives. ANyone know what's up with that? Am I using the wrong bootloader CD?

Hi,

I am incredibly new at this, however, I did build a Mac Clone last Summer without any errors...But now I am running into Snow Leopard install problems using a GA EP45C DS3r board. My preboot disc is a GA EP45 DS3L. I do not know coding, and such, however, can someone help me with my install. Everytime I try to install Snow Leopard, it tells me to restart the computer. My other specs are a GTX 9800 512 MB graphics, and an intel quad core duo 2.5 Ghz. Please help!

Hi,

I am incredibly new at this, however, I did build a Mac Clone last Summer without any errors...But now I am running into Snow Leopard install problems using a GA EP45C DS3r board. My preboot disc is a GA EP45 DS3L. I do not know coding, and such, however, can someone help me with my install. Everytime I try to install Snow Leopard, it tells me to restart the computer. My other specs are a GTX 9800 512 MB graphics, and an intel quad core duo 2.5 Ghz. Please help!

Try with

Cd boot

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssj81b

Folder Extra

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=79503

DSDT

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

Copy DSDT to folder Extra

Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81119

1-INSTALL

2-COPY FOLDER EXTRA TO HD

3-USE DSDT AUTO-PATCHER(Copy to folder Extra)

4-INSTALL CHAMELEON RC5

5-REBOOT

-V