Skulltrail System Running sweet but random kernel panics

bradholland

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Im sure i will be ommiting a lot of info so perhaps someone might tell me how i might find the rest.

I have set up and installed on the following config.

Intel Skulltrail mobo

2 x quad core xeons @ 2.4ghz

Uad-1 audio Dsp card

nvidia 7600gs gfx card

4gb fb-dimm memory

kalyway 10.5.2 os (stock kernel (i think))

dlink usb wireless adaptor (g133?)

I seem to be getting random kernel panics, im hoping its something to do with networking in which case i can remove the network and transmission app etc but maybe some give me a heads up on what to try?

Are there kexts i should be removing like the via thing?

Apart from this obvious big problem, cubase and instruments etc seem to be working fine, even under heavy load (not that you can really put this system under a heavy load)

any info would be helpfull i guess, im sure i probably need to post logs or something but where to find them?

thanks

brad

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a few Kernel Panics and sourced it to the network NIC. When I switch between Ethernet Locations , it happened more often. If I was downloading a BiTTorent via Transmission while switching locations it happend more often.

I have tried to disable the onboard NIC and installed an Intel NIC ion the PCI bus.

More stable since then.

I heard from another thread that there is a driver for the SkullTrail NIC. The Skulltrail uses an Intel® 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec).

There is another thread to watch for the NIC card drivers fix. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102288)

I have sent DP (DigitalPerformer) a message to ask him to post the driver.

watch this thread for updates :-)

enjoy your Macpro killer box .....

... Vince

Hi all,

Im sure i will be ommiting a lot of info so perhaps someone might tell me how i might find the rest.

I have set up and installed on the following config.

Intel Skulltrail mobo

2 x quad core xeons @ 2.4ghz

Uad-1 audio Dsp card

nvidia 7600gs gfx card

4gb fb-dimm memory

kalyway 10.5.2 os (stock kernel (i think))

dlink usb wireless adaptor (g133?)

I seem to be getting random kernel panics, im hoping its something to do with networking in which case i can remove the network and transmission app etc but maybe some give me a heads up on what to try?

Are there kexts i should be removing like the via thing?

Apart from this obvious big problem, cubase and instruments etc seem to be working fine, even under heavy load (not that you can really put this system under a heavy load)

any info would be helpfull i guess, im sure i probably need to post logs or something but where to find them?

thanks

brad