Can't install WoW. Get a Kernel Panic everytime I put the disc in.

leglez

7 posts in this topic

I built my first hackintosh a few weeks ago, ran into problems so I went back to Vista. But now I figured out all the problems and have almost everything running fine. I am running a Q6600 on a Gigabyte GA-P35 Board, a 10,000RPM Raptor X 150GB Boot Drive. 8GBs OCZ gold DDR2 800 RAM, did 7 passes with memtest came out good, and a 7300GT Video card. I went to install World of Warcraft, the first time I clicked install and walked away to do something and came back and it had a kernel panic. So I restart and try again, same thing. So I wait a few hours run all updates install some other things, and reboot a few times. I go to put the install disc in and it gives a kernel panic as soon as I put the disc in. I have not got any kernel panics except for when trying to install WoW. Does anyone have any ideas of ways around this or anything?

Have tried other disks, say another large game, or maybe a DVD movie. If that does the same thing, its more then likely your drive. Though what you can do, is download WoW from the patch mirrors section at WoW wiki, or even using the official WoW downloader. It takes awhile, but It may fix it. Hope this helps

TheFreak

be sure to have your hdd on the right sata port. your bord offers 2sata ports (jmicron controller) and 4 (should be yellow ones, Intel Controller) DVD Drive and HDD should be on the intel ones to avoid kernel panics, jmicron controller driver isnt that stable, this often causes kernel panics when they have to handle lots of data.