klayway disk utility cant find any hard drive

shawnunder7

12 posts in this topic

ok. i Have a 40gb ide hard drive, 856mb of memory, windows xp sp2, ati raedon 200m series, my dvd drive wouldnt work for the installation so i baught an external one and i get to the mac installation screen but when i go to the disk utility screen, no hard drive on the list, and when i skip that, i go to the installation screen to chose a hard drive and also no hard drive there... please help :D

and how can i know if my motherboard is comptable? :(

I have lost track of where we were with your system.......please remind me of your system details.....

sorry for bothering you so much.... windows xp sp2 856mb of ram ati readon 200m series external dvd drive, 40 gb IDE HardDrive, intel Celeron m. When i go to the disk utility screen to format my hard drive, there is no drive there. :wacko:

You need to post the information on your Celeron M CPU obtained from using CPU-Z in Windows......OS X needs at least SSE2 to run.......and ideally be 64 bit capable....check HCL 10.5.2 Wiki.....also what is your MOBO model name and MOBO chipset, audio codec etc.....GFX card RAM......