Can't see my Hard Disk

Brousst

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I Have tried to install Mac OS X on my Desktop Computer (With MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.Iso) but it seems i can't see my Hard Drive. when i go to Disk Utilities i don't see my hard disk in the left column. i only see the Mac OS X 10.4 Install DVD. I Have tried with 2 Hard drive, 1 SATA 250GB Western Digital Hard Disk and 1 Quantum Fireball EX 6GB IDE Hard Disk. The Installation Program doesn't see the 2 Hard Disk. i have tried the ''DeadMoo'' Method but i got the ''Still Waiting For Root Device'' Error.

My Computer Spec Is :

Compaq Presario SR1365CL Desktop Computer

AMD Athlon 64 3300+ Processor

Asus K8N-LA Motherboard

512Mb Ram

Ask If You want more Specs.

How i can get this to work?

Thank You

(PS. Excuse me for my bad english :) )

You need to format the HD before it will be seen.

To do this, when you reach to "select installation disk" screen, stop and look at the tool bar at the top of the screen. Click tools. Click Disk Utilities. Select the disk. Click partition.

Now go back to the installation screen, and you will see the available disk.

I don't think your problem lies with the fact the hdd is formated as hfs+ or not! You should be able to see the partitions after all, even if they are NTFS or FAt32. You will not be able to install on them but they should apear in Disk Utility.

I think that you have a compatibility issue related to the motherboard chipset. Is it, by any chance, nForce?

Have you tried any previous OSx86 versions? Any luck with them?

I don't think your problem lies with the fact the hdd is formated as hfs+ or not! You should be able to see the partitions after all, even if they are NTFS or FAt32. You will not be able to install on them but they should apear in Disk Utility.

I think that you have a compatibility issue related to the motherboard chipset. Is it, by any chance, nForce?

Have you tried any previous OSx86 versions? Any luck with them?

My Motherboard Is an Asus K8N-LA. (LA is for Lan/Audio) Disk Utility Don't see my Hard Drives. I Haven't tried other version of OSX86. i just tried The ''DeadMoo'' Image and the ''MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.Iso''. I Don't think the problem is due to the version. i will be VERY happy if is not a Hardware Incompatibility because i just buyed my computer so i will keep it for a while.

Thank You

My Motherboard Is an Asus K8N-LA. (LA is for Lan/Audio) Disk Utility Don't see my Hard Drives. I Haven't tried other version of OSX86. i just tried The ''DeadMoo'' Image and the ''MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz.Iso''. I Don't think the problem is due to the version. i will be VERY happy if is not a Hardware Incompatibility because i just buyed my computer so i will keep it for a while.

Thank You

But, Did Asus K8N-LA is Nforce? And Why Nforce have problem with Mac OS X? Do it will be fixed in the future?

Thank You

But, Did Asus K8N-LA is Nforce? And Why Nforce have problem with Mac OS X? Do it will be fixed in the future?

Thank You

As you can see here, ASUS K8N does use a nForce chipset - that is nForce 3.

For the other questions I do not have an intelligent answer so I leave the place for other wiser members of our community...

I Have tried with 2 Hard drive, 1 SATA 250GB Western Digital Hard Disk and 1 Quantum Fireball EX 6GB IDE Hard Disk. The Installation Program doesn't see the 2 Hard Disk. i have tried the ''DeadMoo'' Method but i got the ''Still Waiting For Root Device'' Error
Perhaps you should know that nForce SATA is not supported unless you patch the AppleVIAATA.kext. You should disconnect the SATA while testing the IDE install and that may work. Otherwise try installing with the VMware method.