help fixing hfs+ partition error

nintendoguy

5 posts in this topic

i have had a good working dual boot hackintosh for the past 6 months. today, i had to do something on the xp side where the xp partition needed to be active. i did that then swiched the boot partition back to the mac partition to active thru the windows disk management window. i rebooted and got the hfs+ partition error. after that, i booted a ubuntu distro that i downloaded to help fix this stuff. i switched the boot partition to windows and rebooted. my boot.ini was missing. i copied one from another computer and moved it using ubuntu. that made the windows boot but i am still getting the same error with my mac. is there any way to fix this without the leopard disk. i used kalyway but i dont have the disk and dont want to download one. is there anyway to fix it with ubuntu or a mac disk that allows me to boot terminal?

I believe both TransMac and Macdrive have some rudimentary disk maintenance tools buit-in.

You can try either of those programs (just don't install both at the same time!) both run under Windows.

I don't know if that'll help with your problem.

The best way would be to get yourself an OSX86 distribution DVD (it doesn't have to be the same one as you have installed) and use Disk Utility or the terminal from there.