Implement topic suggestions

~pcwiz

8 posts in this topic

I am so tired of all the repetitive OSx86 questions and I'm sure others are too. So I have a suggestion. A lot of the forums I've been to, when you are writing a new topic it displays topics similar to yours at the top. While this is a simple step, it has stopped me countless times from creating a new topic and instead reading the solution from another topic. While this won't stop ignorant posters, it will certainly help.

What does the community think?

It's a good idea.

But if the search here is still busted, how is your idea gonna work? I assume something like this would need to be hooked into the forum search somehow.

I haven't tried the search for ages (I use your search page all the time, it's a lifesaver) so maybe it's working now..

I had in mind one idea can be great. Like the genius bar, each sections of discussion had a database link with the front page. Somehow, when you'll write a new topic, a pop-up will show you the link to follow for seeing that topic... Or more, in each sections, make some "hot" topics including guide, thoughts and discussion in general. And one single section like the genius bar but stills "only guide" for reference and after sub-topics linked with the first one.

I'm wondering about that for a while... Hope i give you some clues pcwiz :(