Pwnage Buggy as Hell?

kinkster

9 posts in this topic

Title pretty much says it all. I've downloaded it twice and each time its been ridiculously buggy. Once I get to the "searching for ispw" step, it just lags out on the search, and never finds the ispw, which I just downloaded. And the red close button doesn't do a thing, and clicking the "back" arrow doesn't either. And I can't quite it out of the dock either. Have to force quit it ever time.

Anyone got a solution?

You can browse for your firmware. PwnageTool uses spotlight integration to find the IPSW, if you don't have spotlight on or the filesystem indexed after you downloaded the stock firmware, it probably wont find it.

I put the ispw file in "applicatons", a section that spotlight does search for, but it still freezes up and doesn't find the ispw. And in expert mode clicking "browse for ISPW" doesn't do anything." Tried putting it in documents too. Any idea what's going on? It's pretty strange that it's so buggy on my machine but not others. Oh and I downloaded XP and Parallels just for this, and it didn't work in that either(dev team says that's normal).

How do I index my files? Or whatever I'd need to do with that.