JaS 10.5.4 GMA 900/950 & PS/2 workaround

firefox408

35 posts in this topic

EDIT: problem solved selecting ichx and piix patches.

now the system boot but hangs on the "blue screen of deth" and can't do anything, I did patch the ISO as explained in the firs post without any problem!!

what do you think?

hi guys, I was able to patch the iso and get through the installer, everything goes fine but on reboot it stuck on the message "waiting for root device"

i'm on a centrino pentium m gma900 (hp nc6120) and tried with stagexnu 9.4 kernel (with intel 9.2 sleep kernel I get a kernel panic almost immediately and I cna't even boot in -s)

as I have almost the same HW as you Firefox408, could kindly let me know all the options you select from the installer?

thanks a lot!

bye

EDIT: problem solved selecting ichx and piix patches.

now the system boot but hangs on the "blue screen of deth" and can't do anything, I did patch the ISO as explained in the firs post without any problem!!

what do you think?

hi guys, I was able to patch the iso and get through the installer, everything goes fine but on reboot it stuck on the message "waiting for root device"

i'm on a centrino pentium m gma900 (hp nc6120) and tried with stagexnu 9.4 kernel (with intel 9.2 sleep kernel I get a kernel panic almost immediately and I cna't even boot in -s)

as I have almost the same HW as you Firefox408, could kindly let me know all the options you select from the installer?

thanks a lot!

bye

Check his website to know which to select:

http://osx86.darkstar.net/osX86/Projects.html

hi kramark, thank you I did not see that page.

I see all your HW works, which is almost the same as mine, did you follow the instructions in the first post to get the gma900 to work? I did follow method 1 step by step but does not work here :) if not, can you tell me how did you do or link me a guide?

now the installation is fine, but upon first reboot I get the blue screen. I patched the iso and I'm using the VGA dongle, I see you don't use that? and how could you enable the laptop LCD?

please help, I wouldn't like to downgrade to kalyway 10.5.1 :)

thanks anyway, bye

I tried reinstalling again JaS with the options I found in the link.

Again the install goes fine, but at the first reboot I get to a black/grey screen this time (not blue anymore) and can't see and do anything. What is frustrating is that I can hear the music of the personalizing page (where to insert Name, Surname, address etc) so the system works, I can't just see anything on the screen.... :P

bye

hi kramark, thank you I did not see that page.

I see all your HW works, which is almost the same as mine, did you follow the instructions in the first post to get the gma900 to work? I did follow method 1 step by step but does not work here :angel: if not, can you tell me how did you do or link me a guide?

now the installation is fine, but upon first reboot I get the blue screen. I patched the iso and I'm using the VGA dongle, I see you don't use that? and how could you enable the laptop LCD?

please help, I wouldn't like to downgrade to kalyway 10.5.1 :(

thanks anyway, bye

Yes i followed those instructions very careful. actually your system works already with the blue screen but first you need to put an external monitor to boot because booting without paperclick is another story..

• 3 weeks later...

I've just seen the your reply... a bit late.. :)

I tried using a external monitor as well but I can't see anything either on the built-in LCD or the external monitor.... even switching the output signal with the keyboard button....

by the way I gave time ago and I am still on kaly 10.5.1 :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...