Laptop stuck on blue screen

bigjohnjr

12 posts in this topic

I repartitioned my hard drive last night into 2 parts. I then booted of the osx 86 dvd ( I know that the dvd works fine, it's the same dvd I used on my desktop) I get the gray apple logo and the spinning gray wheel.

Then it goes to a plain blue screen, no beachball, no text, no starting mac os. Nothing

Any ideas?

John

This sounds like the very common laptop dual display problem. Try attaching an external monitor to your laptop and see if that fixes your problem. There is a "solution" here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...460entry42460

I didn't build the bulky ass dongle, but instead used two pieces of copper wire and a piece of electric tape... I don't know if that's bad or not; all I know is that it works.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had the blue screen hang up with my dv4150 laptop during install from dvd.

Got past that by connecting to external monitor before starting install.

Unfortunately I could never get the thing past the "Still waiting for root device" issue. I've tried pretty much everything anyone has posted about it, no luck. Let me know if you get it going on your dv4000.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have zt3000 (friends). I installed osx 10.4.6. (JaS Patched). Not booting hung on blue screen. If i put my laptop hdd in works perfect. If i put his hdd in my Dell, same {censored}. SO i am installing OSX in my Dell on his disk. lets see wht happens. or maybe ill dd the disk image