GMA900 nolonger need a paperclip on Leopard!

Ccc

29 posts in this topic

Thank you CRP.

I installed the other kexts first and then I installed the Device ID related one. I rebooted without paperclip or external monitor but I still result in a blue screen hang.

Is there anything I did wrong or are there any solutions?

I have a laptop QE/CI support on 900 GMA, SSE2, running 10.5.4 iAtKoS, 1.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM, but it does not work without external monitor.

Thank you.

you can try to find the answer in this thread.

In few words you need to remove your AppleIntelGMA950* and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts from Extensions folder. Then copy nopaperclip kexts and repairpermissions (chmod, chown and so on, or install with kexthelper).

Thats all you need to do.

If you have another devId than 2582, 2592, 2772, 27A2 place it in AppleIntelGMA950.kext/Contents/Info.plist (You will find IOPCIPrimaryMatch tag).

I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

• 1 year later...

I have a acer aspire 1640 with IPC10.5.6 installed, specs include GME915, I have to boot in safe mode before I get any video. IF I boot using only -f I get a messed up display with only a moving curser.

Things look right in the info plists ( 2592, 2772, 2582) but for some reason I get a "display mismatch" and the kext's don't get loaded right.

Anyone know how to fix this? (I have tried many of the kext's in this thread)