Vista, XP e OSX - Multibooting

5 posts in this topic

I´ve my PC installed with Vista and XP dual boot.

I´ve made my hackintosh (Leopard) in a third HD, and now I want to use the three together. Two HDs on SATA e one on IDE.

How can I do it?

I want in the boot to choose one of the three OS.

Thanks for the great forum!

If you are currently dual booting using the Vista bootloader, then download EasyBCD, go to the Add/Remove Entries page, go down below and select Mac OSX , make sure you select Generic osx86 from dropdown menu, reboot and a new Mac Os entry will be added to your vista bootloader and you can select it from that menu just as you would select XP or Vista.

Hello Insaners,

I tried this, but I have the problem that I cant choose the drive where my Leopard is, from the popup menu in EasyBCD. I used the 10.5.2 kalyway image and made a GUID install on the drive. Although the Leo-drive has no Letter under Vista. What I am doing wrong here? I should mention that I dont know if I had made the hd active before the Leoinstall. Anyway, the only way to switch between the different OSes is to do it over the bios, wich is a ugly solution. Somebody can help?

greetz u-man

• 3 months later...

I can use the same procedure with all 3 os on 1 hdd?

I have already dual boot XP-vista and now I want to instal osx on third partition and use easyBCD as boot loader. It can be possible to work all 3 os in this way or not?

Or how would you advise me ?

thx a lot!!!