Bought the Dell Inspiron E1505, need help

140 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I've now tried out Callisto b003, and it correctly identifies my x1400 as an x1400. :-) However, any attempt at resolution change results in an empty blue screen, forcing my to hard reset, so I'm still stuck with 1024x768.

I've also been unable to activate CI/QE. Did anyone else try/fail/succeed with this?

:guitar:

This might just be it, fellas!

I stumbled over an iso which apparently supports both mobility radeons and the sigmatel 9200! I'm downloading as we speak!

Check out this thread:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...l=sigmatel+9200

:guitar:

I'm dling it too.

we shall see!

(Wonder if anything has been done in the way dualcore support?)

Sure, the problem is that the download has stalled at about 77%.

The seeders are gone, except for one who keeps going on and off.

:D

stuck at 35 here, but if I get it it'll definitely be seeded.

: \

Has anyone with an E1505 been able to disable sleeping with Insomnia.kext? It doesn't seem to work for me.

also, anyone finished downloading that ISO and see if the sound works on it?

Yeah, I just finished installing it. Turns out that the supported chipset in the installer (selectable for installation if you chose to customize it) was the Sigmatel 9220, and NOT 9200. I've got NO sound whatsoever. Maybe you have to fool around with the kexts somehow to make it work, but I was hoping for some out of the box joy. :-)

Also, no improvement at all regarding that claimed radeon mobility support. No luck with Callisto b006 either.

Gah. That little Macbook keeps looking better and better. :guitar:

Yeah, I just finished installing it. Turns out that the supported chipset in the installer (selectable for installation if you chose to customize it) was the Sigmatel 9220, and NOT 9200. I've got NO sound whatsoever. Maybe you have to fool around with the kexts somehow to make it work, but I was hoping for some out of the box joy. :-)

Also, no improvement at all regarding that claimed radeon mobility support. No luck with Callisto b006 either.

Gah. That little Macbook keeps looking better and better. :censored2:

:happymac: :cry:cry:cry

Oh well... thanks for testing frukt... damn lies/confusion!

:whistle:

Ahoy fellow e1505 mates!

I just recieved an e1505 for a graduation present. Not my top choice, but as a gift, it beats nothing.

Ive already been playing with OsX for a bit since i've had the laptop. Currently I have MacOSX_10.4.6_GoatsecxDVD.iso installed. I did not *consciously* turn off the dual core (because I dont know how.)

And im having issues. I cannot boot normally, instead I have to boot in safemode (-x) even then, I only get fully booted about 60% of the time. In OsX I have absolutely no sound, no wireless, and my laptop dies in its sleep.

Im not exactly sure how to check my hardware details so I can try to answer questions.

Im rather new to mac, but I prefer it greatly over windows. Would anyone care to take me under their wing per se and help me get a better running OsX ?

All help is appreciated :tomato:

Ahoy fellow e1505 mates!

I just recieved an e1505 for a graduation present. Not my top choice, but as a gift, it beats nothing.

Ive already been playing with OsX for a bit since i've had the laptop. Currently I have MacOSX_10.4.6_GoatsecxDVD.iso installed. I did not *consciously* turn off the dual core (because I dont know how.)

And im having issues. I cannot boot normally, instead I have to boot in safemode (-x) even then, I only get fully booted about 60% of the time. In OsX I have absolutely no sound, no wireless, and my laptop dies in its sleep.

Im not exactly sure how to check my hardware details so I can try to answer questions.

Im rather new to mac, but I prefer it greatly over windows. Would anyone care to take me under their wing per se and help me get a better running OsX ?

All help is appreciated :(

Firstly, ur MacOS definitely runs smoother with single core. How? By turning it to single processor mode in the BIOS (press F2 when booting). No one ... seriously no one ... has ever get the Sigmatel Stac 9200 and Intel Wireless 3945ABG to work on 6400 yet !! So is the dead sleep mode. So u can only do some quiet work on it so far. Which I think is kinda worthless untill some smart buddy or someone from Apple leak out some useful patch :P Good luck !!

I installed OSX 10.4.4 on my e1505. Sound doesn't work and after the first reboot the laptop keyboard does not work. If I use a usb keyboard it works fine. Any ideas?

Have you disabled the dual core? (in the BIOS settings on boot up)