[Guide] Convert your Retail Leopard Disk/image into a self-booting Backup using Boot-132

120 posts in this topic

Hi llauqsd,

I have 2 kexts, do they have to be set to

<key>OSBuundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

The 2 kexts are:

Natit.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext - this one has 3 kexts inside, do theyhave to be changed aswell?

Please can you help.

@kevd_hackin

I managed to get it working using the following kexts

ACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleAC97Audio.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext
AppleAPIC.kext
AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
AppleGenericPCATA.kext
AppleIntel8255x.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AppleNForceATA.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
AppleVIAATA.kext
dsmos.kext
IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
Natit.kext
NVkush.kext
SMBIOSEnabler.kext

I hope this heps

Cheers

NSCXP2005

Ok i'll try to give it a try but right now i'm having another issue. It won't let me copy the image to my external HDD (it says error code 0 and that it can't copy it) I have no idea why I have plenty of Disk space :(

EDIT: I'll try reformatting my external HDD because I have 2 partitons (Fat32 and OS X Journlated) I can copy it fine to the OS X 1 but not the Fat32 1...

Hi llauqsd,

I have 2 kexts, do they have to be set to

<key>OSBuundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

The 2 kexts are:

Natit.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext - this one has 3 kexts inside, do theyhave to be changed aswell?

Please can you help.

@kevd_hackin

I managed to get it working using the following kexts

ACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleAC97Audio.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext
AppleAPIC.kext
AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
AppleGenericPCATA.kext
AppleIntel8255x.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AppleNForceATA.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
AppleVIAATA.kext
dsmos.kext
IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
Natit.kext
NVkush.kext
SMBIOSEnabler.kext

I hope this heps

Cheers

NSCXP2005

this was your hp laptop or your rig in signature, if lappy any way can post iso for me to try so i get right version of kexts

This is my HP laptop, the specs in my sig are the specs of that laptop.

Here is the iso

HP Laptop iso

Do you have a Intel 950GMA? if you do, do you get the blue screen when running OSX Retail (before it gets to installer)?

The problem I have is that when I try to install OSX Retail it just shows a blue screen, I need somebody to help me find the right kexts that will make it load Out of The Box.

Some of the kexts found in that ISO are from these files

Here

NSCXP2005

This is my HP laptop, the specs in my sig are the specs of that laptop.

Here is the iso

HP Laptop iso

Do you have a Intel 950GMA? if you do, do you get the blue screen when running OSX Retail (before it gets to installer)?

The problem I have is that when I try to install OSX Retail it just shows a blue screen, I need somebody to help me find the right kexts that will make it load Out of The Box.

Some of the kexts found in that ISO are from these files

Here

NSCXP2005

thanks bud,

i have 8400gs, have never gotten to blue screen, i get a sam multimedia read write failure during retail boot, and can't figure out what kext i need. So how did you install then with second monitor or what.

thanks again,

kevin

make sure you have done the step in part B to enable showing hidden files. Just use finder to go to /system/installation/packages on the dvd disk image, not on your hard drive.

what terminal comand do you use to rehide these files after to clean up thanks

same as the command to unhide but put NO instead of YES.

NSCXP2005

Yep I had to use a monitor instead of my laptop screen, I have just burnt a disc with te iso I posted, Blue screen gone, mouse & keyboard doesn't work when installer, will let you know about Sound, Ethernet.

Do you know if the ApplePS2Controller.kext in the iso will work, do you know if there is a modifed one for laptop keyboards & mouse pad.

can you help m with the mouse & keyboard problems.

Thanks

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

Yep I had to use a monitor instead of my laptop screen, I have just burnt a disc with te iso I posted, Blue screen gone, mouse & keyboard doesn't work when installer, will let you know about Sound, Ethernet.

Do you know if the ApplePS2Controller.kext in the iso will work, do you know if there is a modifed one for laptop keyboards & mouse pad.

Thanks

NSCXP2005

when i was having ps2 issues they were caused by dependency issues of several kext, i had to delete 2 kexts, that was a long time ago and i don't remember what now, then eddie fixed release so i don't delete anything, might have to also to get retail working. as for modded ones start with whats working on your hack, or ramjet tutorial

will try with iso from you tomorrow and post results

thanks

kev

NSCXP2005

Thanks

NSCXP2005

yea, just tried its the same error i used to get with leo4allv2 all i did was delete 2 kexts, i have it somewhere will post it later, i had the same ps2 problems, got past that then had the same sam multimedia errors as before, don't know if just my disk is faulty or what, will borrow a disk then try again.

kevin

I still have problems with sound and keyboard and mouse not working after the install.

I hope you can help.

NSCXP2005

UPDATE - I managed to get the Keyboard & Mouse working, the only way it worked was doing a system update, does anybody know what kexts it uses for keyboard & mouse for 10.5.4?

NSCXP2005

Hi kev_kackin,

How did everything go with my iso I posted?

Did you manage to get it working 100%? Do you know where I can get audio and keyboard and mouse kexts for my system?

Cheers

NSCXP2005

i thought that you had keyboard/trackpad working after update? As for sound, mine is 268 not contex, but should be able to do a linux dump then drag over hda patcher, to bad tarugas site is down.

No I'm still getting errors, google makes it sound like a bad disk, which sucks because this is a legit disk, i wanted to support apple after using leo4all, so i bought one online, now i'll try downloading one first to see if that works or if kexts are wrong.

Hi kev_kackin,

How did everything go with my iso I posted?

Did you manage to get it working 100%? Do you know where I can get audio and keyboard and mouse kexts for my system?

Cheers

NSCXP2005

try to save then delete these: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ACPIPS2Nub.kext and that should work, then when update past 10.5.3 those kext should be ok if not deleted, at least that was what fixed mine.

Thanks.

My GOAL:

Modify an special (Leo 911 Pro DVD, 10.5.4, lot of tools on it!!, got from MSJ-STW Forum, but Mac only) to be bootable on OS X86.

Leo 911 Pro (10.5.4) is NOT an DVD for installing Leo, but absolutly GREAT for using it as an bootable Tool DVD. Also possible, because of size to put it on an USB 4 GB .

I think i need little help - must be the same steps also JAS/KAYWEL/IATKOS Images go....

Some .kexts should removed, some changed from the 911.DVD And of course made bootable on OSX86 (means hybrid iso/hfs+)

1. What about the Finder Option "Ignore Owner of this Volume" - should that be ON or OFF if i mount the R/W 911.DMG and want to change something ?

2. How can i get the hybrid DVD , means what/how can i put the PC iso boot stuff on the iso part of this disk ?

Can i use JAS/KAYWEL/IATKOS .iso part and how can i extract that from the IATKOS2.0 DVD ?

Is it more easy to use an ready .iso with boot-132 for my mainboard ?

Does i need this extra extensions in the extras folder, if the already prepäred 911 DVD has all needed (for my mainbord) .kext and kextmcache also updated ?

EDIT:

I tried it the way i think could work.

Seems to go very far - i got an kernel panic by HDAEnabler (Audio), which works on normal install. Maybe the .iso i use made this incompatible (has also an HDApatcher).

Booting itself seems to work (i will remove HDAEnabler), i used Toast 8.

Bild_122.jpg

Hi Kev_hackin,

would you be able to make me a linux dump of your audio driver, also do you which would be the best kext to use for keyboard and trackpads for HP Laptops?

i can give you a linux dump buy wont work we have differ audio mine is realtek268 yours is contx i think, if i'm wrong let me know and i'll upload it for you, as for ps2 support, mine always works stock after 10.5.3, and before i remove the two kexts i told you about earlier, it fixed it for me, i was worried about it but it worked so thats what i used to do, now i run vanilla ps2 kexts with no problems, i can post if you need.

kevin

i can give you a linux dump buy wont work we have differ audio mine is realtek268 yours is contx i think, if i'm wrong let me know and i'll upload it for you, as for ps2 support, mine always works stock after 10.5.3, and before i remove the two kexts i told you about earlier, it fixed it for me, i was worried about it but it worked so thats what i used to do, now i run vanilla ps2 kexts with no problems, i can post if you need.

kevin

so if I delete to two files you menioned from my boot disc it will boot with keyboard and mouse support if I had to reinstall OSX Retail in the future?

Do you know where I can get a kexts that is compatible with my audio?

so if I delete to two files you menioned from my boot disc it will boot with keyboard and mouse support if I had to reinstall OSX Retail in the future?

don't know why but it won't let me upload it here, or rapid share. i had same problem with ps2 i used pacifist to open leo4all v3 then opened the packages and extracted the kext appleps2controller.kext, this worked for my internal keyboard track pad, one problem with retail for me is i lost wifi, looking for fix now, but cant update until i get it back so will keep you posted

taruga.net is back!!! thats the place for audio help, just look for your codec and that will show you your options

• 1 month later...

Part A) Extract HFS+ Partition from retail dvd.

The retail dvd contains partitions a boot camp partition among other things. We only want the HFS+ partition.

1. Insert the disk and open disk utility

2. If you are using an actual disk, In the left sidebar, click "Mac OS X Install DVD" right under the name of your dvd drive.

3. If you have a retail disk image, mount it and click "Mac OS X Install DVD" in the left sidebar, under the name of the disk image.

4. From the top icons, select new image.

5. Save as a "read/write" image.

Part C1) If you want to create a Single Layer DVD. *note* – a single layer dvd will take significantly longer to boot than a dual layer one.

1. Mount your Leopard image if it is not already mounted.

2. In Finder, navigate to your mounted image, and delete the following files/folders:

o /Optional Installs/Xcode Tools/

o /System/Installation/Packages/X11user.pkg

2a. In /System/Installation/Packages, delete all files that are the name of a language, as well as any that are printer drivers.

3. Empty the Trash.

4. Open Disk Utility. Create a new image with these options:

- Volume Name: Mac OS X Install DVD

- Volume Size: 4.14GB (custom)

- Volume Format: Mac OS Extended

- Encryption: None

- Partitions: No partition map

- Image Format: read/write disk image

5. Unmount the newly created image.

6. Open Carbon Copy Cloner.

7. Under source, choose the mounted leopard dvd.

8. Under target, choose your newly created image.

9. Cloning options: Backup everything

10. Press Clone and type your password at the prompt.

11. Unmount your original leopard image.

Part E) Creating the final disk image

1. Open Toast Titanium

2. Click the "Copy" Tab

3. Select Disc Image Merge

4. For "Select ISO Image…" open new.iso from your desktop

5. For "Select Mac Image…" open your modified leopard image.

6. Save as disk image.

7. Burn your newly created image!

Many txs for your guide but I don't know how to burn dvd after saving the disk image? I failed several times. It makes me mad.

First very happy of reading your faboulus guide :D

I just take some spare time for give it a go.I'm got used to take the "Classic" efi/chameleon + efi strings with retail image procedure on my instalaltions , but now, I think it's a good idea takes next level with Boot-132 procedure

Then , a small request , if u could correct that typed errors , let guys be like me being very lazy copying and paste to the terminal :)

8. From your Disk image, copy the file /system/installation/packages/OSInstall.mpkg to the folder you just created.

9. In terminal, type "cd ~/desktop/OSInstall" and then "xar -x -f ./OSInstall.mpkg"

Then , my personal issue , could u point me on how I can create an ISo or dmg image for paste on a partition on my usb hdd so i can use it instead of a dvd toasted ?

12. Open terminal and enter:

hdiutil makehybrid -o ~/Desktop/new.iso ~/Desktop/MKIso/ -iso -eltorito-boot ~/Desktop/MKIso/ISOLINUX.BIN -no-emul-boot

Part E) Creating the final disk image

1. Open Toast Titanium

2. Click the "Copy" Tab

3. Select Disc Image Merge

4. For "Select ISO Image…" open new.iso from your desktop

5. For "Select Mac Image…" open your modified leopard image.

6. Save as disk image.

7. Burn your newly created image!