Need a Kext Hack (8187SE)

i.wanna.corndog

8 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

We're trying to get all the bugs worked out on the hardware of the MSI Wind, a new ultraportable. So far, this laptop appears to be one of the most compatible with OSX86 we've seen yet, but we need your help!

The WiFi card uses the Realtek 8187SE chipset. Based on previous issues such as this, it should just take a little hacking to modify the regular 8187 kext to work with the 8187SE.

Here's a link to Realtek's 8187 kext: ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/wlan/87_Mac10.4_v1309.zip

Here's a .diff file that shows the differences between the Linux 8187 and 8187SE drivers: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/15863454/rtl8187se.diff

I'm not sure whether or not that will help.

Does this seem possible?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a .diff file that shows the differences between the Linux 8187 and 8187SE drivers: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/15863454/rtl8187se.diff

I'm not sure whether or not that will help.

Quite frankly that won't help, because it's a diff between two versions of the 8187se driver, not between the 8187 and 8187se... If you read the first line of the diff you should notice that too... Don't expect the 8187 driver to work with 8187se, seems like realtek is writing a completely new driver for linux so you will just have to wait for realtek to release a 8187se driver for osx (if they ever will).

Regards,

Michael

• 2 months later...

may I can compile the linux kernel under the hackintosh? 'cause I know, what is the procedure under unix :)

BTW i have one of the wind's, and this is my problem too, and another one: the sound. Don't work the headphones output. If anyone can resolve this problems, I'll install the osx permanently. :thumbsup_anim:

• 11 months later...