Tiger to leopard transition... HELP ME. Upgraded system, Want to run leo now.

00diabolic

6 posts in this topic

I have this old system currently running tiger 10.4.11 with a radeon 9600 pro card. I have been told that system could easily run leo if you got a nividia card. So I did that but its proving to be harder then i thought to get leopard to run. I cant even get to the installer.

My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-8IP900 p4 titan Intel 865P/ICH5 chipset Link: http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...?ProductID=1641

AGP- BFG Geforce 7600GS 512mb DDR2 ram

Realtek ethernet card. unsure of the model but it is 10/100 works in tiger should in leopard.

Onboard realtek sound works in tiger, should in leopard

My problem is:

I am completely lost here. I get an instant reboot with both kalyway 10.5.2 and leo4allv3 10.5.2. I have tried -v and -x together with no luck. Hyper threading is disabled in my bios. There is no AHCI mode in my bios. I have tiger 10.4.11 installed on this system and it works perfect. The only difference is I am using a radeon 9600 agp card. The drivers I am using with that card are castelio v3 and they are old and not updated for leopard. So I got this geforce 7600GS agp card in hopes of getting leopard on this system.

Can anyone help? THANK YOU!!!!!!!

What I mean is I get to the darwin screen type -v -x and it starts to run. At some point in the install it stops and the system reboots back to the bios. I never can get to the setup. Tigers 10.4.9 setup never did this on this system.

Is there something I can do to get around this? Usually there is a kernel flag to try. I have tried all the ones I know of that might work to see if I can get it to boot into setup. So far nothing has worked. -legacy, cpus=1, -v, -x

Any other ideas out there?

• 3 weeks later...
I suggest you try with JaS 10.5.2 Beta as your system is an old SSE2 CPU based and JaS puts extra effort for SSE2 support on his releases.

Thanks I'll have to give Jas a try. His disc has so many options and not organized very well so its hard to figure out what to use. But Ill try it.

Anyone else have a suggestion for me with these system specs? THANKS