The Red Symphony

14 posts in this topic

http://users.cyberone.com.au/myers/red-symphony.html

"G. - What is that for a mythical power which they had obtained?

R. - They had acquired for themselves the real privilege of coining money ... Do not smile, otherwise I shall have to believe that you do not know what moneys are ... I ask you to put yourself in my place. My position in relation to you is that of the assistant of a doctor, who would have to explain bacteriology to a resurrected medical man of the epoch before Pasteur. But I can explain your lack of knowledge to myself and can forgive it. Our language makes use of words which provoke incorrect thoughts about things and actions, thanks to the power of the inertia of thoughts, and which do not correspond to real and exact conceptions. I say: money. It is clear that in your imagination there immediately appeared pictures of real money of metal and paper. But that is not so. Money is now not that; real circulating coin is a true anachronism. If it still exists and circulates, then it is only thanks to atavism, only because it is convenient to maintain the illusion, a purely imaginary fiction for the present day."

I find this link has no credibility. As just one example, saying that {censored} Marriage is a sign that "Communism seems to be continuing" is absurd. I don't care what your stance is on {censored} marriage, or communism for that matter, but to tie the two together based on Leon Trotsky's views of homosexuality? Need I waste my time reading any further?

I find this link has no credibility. As just one example, saying that {censored} Marriage is a sign that "Communism seems to be continuing" is absurd. I don't care what your stance is on {censored} marriage, or communism for that matter, but to tie the two together based on Leon Trotsky's views of homosexuality? Need I waste my time reading any further?

Why bother. For most of you, it is beyond your reading capabilities and understanding. Don't bother posting your ignorant child-like opinions thus proving your arrogance.

Its the interrogation of Ravovsky when he was captured by Stalin with excerpts.

If you want a full copy of it, visit the Library of Congress.

EDIT: Leave your stupidity at home, this thread is not for you.

DITTO!

StiCMAN

come on, I like name calling!!

I've given you plenty of warnings. God know how you can continue to act like a kid. There are plenty of things I disagree with JonTheSavage and true at times it's difficult to stay calm, but it seems don't even try. Worse, you more often than not make yourself to be the fuel which drives the flamewar. If you disagree with something he says, debate it. Don't start name calling like a 8 year old.

As a result, your account has been suspended temporarily. Take this time to grow up a little.

Also iSkylla, I haven't read JonTheSavages link but if you have an issue with it's content, then raise it with a Mod. Responding with what you did is just asking to cause problems. In future, word your posts more carefully please.

Topic Cleaned.

Mebster, I have plenty of times. I used to about report every time he name called, acted like an ass, all of the above. Nothing was done, so I stopped doing it. Maybe it's time for the mods to start doing their job and ban the people that actually start the ad hominem attacks and name calling instead of the people who are victim to it.

The Real Life forum has a few times been close to closure because it's the source of too much tension and because it really has nothing to do with OSx86 (like many other categories). However I've argued to keep it up every time (reasons I'm not going into now).

Most mods in general however have now agreed The Real Life will mostly be unmoderated as that's the only way we don't get stung back when we intervene. I agree with this policy and so ignore most things. But I'm probably the only Mod who even looks at the Real Life section every now and again and so miss a lot. But when I see name calling I attempt to do something. That's about it.

Why bother. For most of you, it is beyond your reading capabilities and understanding. Don't bother posting your ignorant child-like opinions thus proving your arrogance.

"ignorant [and] Child-like" to not indulge in the ramblings of Peter Myers?

Its the interrogation of Ravovsky when he was captured by Stalin with excerpts.

Yes, but prefaced by the editorials of Mr. Myers. Did you not wish his material read or discussed?

As should be obvious from the other responses you received in this thread, and your interaction with them, you didn't do a very good job of framing the discussion to begin with.

Be clear. Be specific. Assume nothing.

EDIT: Leave your stupidity at home, this thread is not for you.

Now, who's being arrogant? If you see an error in my position, point it out. If the discussion isn't turning the way you anticipated, redirect it -- but leave the personal attacks at home, they get you nowhere.

This topic was started to show the confessions of a captured agent that admitted to crimes under Stalin's regime. It explains the rise of the Nazi party, who funded it, and gives insight as to how Trotsky's revolution was continued in modern times under the U.S., and British empires.

If you are not mature enough to read it, then you are not mature enough to comment. This thread was started for serious readers and historical explorers. If you are not interested, then go to a thread that accommodates your intellect, or lack thereof.

History reveals a lot of things. If you don't want to know where movements, and ideas come from, then go watch your TV and believe the brainwashing garbage on it. Otherwise, sit down, read, and do some research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdm6AX8VtLQ

If you are not mature enough to read it, then you are not mature enough to comment. This thread was started for serious readers and historical explorers. If you are not interested, then go to a thread that accommodates your intellect, or lack thereof.

If you present material, you have to be open to the fact that it will be questioned, and be willing to defend it intelligently and logically.

Continuing to argue by means of personal degradation does not reinforce the material you present, nor does it sway the opinion of any individual toward your view.

History reveals a lot of things.

Yes. And it also can be over analyzed, over simplified, and misinterpreted.

If you don't want to know where movements, and ideas come from, then go watch your TV and believe the brainwashing garbage on it.

Saying that "{censored} marriage is a sign that communism continues" based off the assumption that the communist party had respect for homosexuality, is false. Tolerance of homosexuality under communism has been inconsistent.

This false conclusion by Myers casts doubt on any other conclusion he may bring.

Otherwise, sit down, read, and do some research.

You need to research and prepare to defend the materials you present without resorting to personal attacks.