Connect 2 Macs?

Denicio

7 posts in this topic

there is a built-in VNC client and server in OSX.

to turn on VNC server, go to system prefs -> sharing -> enable 'remote management', go to 'computer settings' and enable the VNC specific things and other settings/passwords.

to connect to a VNC server, simply go to finder menu -> go -> connect to server -> type in vnc://ip-address-of-vnc-server and it will start up the built-in VNC client.

or you can manually start the client whenever you want to, its called 'Screen Sharing' and its located in /System/Library/CoreServices/

HEy does this apply just for macintosh to macintosh?? how do i create a server ive basically got 1G5 quad linked up to my Windows pc however i can only drag items from the macintosh to the shared box in the windows and i can only drag from the desktop??? Wen im connected its usually as guest how can i change this?? :):P:D

• 1 month later...
if both macs are on the same wifi connection try using teleport. found it at coolosxapps.net i use it all the time to control my macbook pro from my imac

Or you just go to finder, klick on the 2nd computer and klick "share screen..." :(