n00b Installation Problem

23 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD on my Intel PC. No matter what commands I use (-x, cpus=1, etc) I always get the same problem. During the bit where theres heaps of scrolling text (before installation) the text stops at the same point:

"8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Sun Jul 8 18:18:57 UZT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386"

My Specs are: 2x1GB DDR2 RAM,

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500,

nVidea 8500GT 256mb,

1x SeaGate 320GB HDD (Vista Home Premium) 1x Western Digital 80GB (trying to install OSX on)

If anyone can help me, please do, I'm desperate and i've been trying to get this working for weeks now... o-0

Try booting to a different kernel

Press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type the kernel's name you want to boot with :

sleepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel (intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel (intel/sse3)

modbinkernel (intel/amd/sse3)

vanillakernel (intel/sse3)

kabylkernel (intel/sse3) with sleep support

It would help if you told which motherboard or chipset you are using

I've tried iATKOS, if thats what you mean by another Distro, and that too didnt work. I'm currently getting a Brazil now, to see if that works. I've tried 3 of the 6 kernel options, they too don't work... I'm going to try the other three now.

I've tried all the kernels, all end up waiting at something like:

"8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Sun Jul 8 18:18:57 UZT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386" again.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Just giving the last line gives no useful info.

The funny part is, it is showing kernel 8.9.1 which is a Tiger Kernel. Whats with that?

There may be kernel panics or other errors before it. Take a picture and post it so someone could look for errors and help

Heres a photo of what the screen stops at. Turns out I made a typo, it actually says version 9.2.0...

What part of NZ are you from? Im in the Hawkes Bay. :P

post-241684-1215160607_thumb.jpg

i am have the exact same problem i think its comming down to a bad disc or bad burn....if you press f8 when booting from the disc then type -x it boots for me to the install screen but the check disc part fails...i click skip just to see the install process fails.

hope this helps

oh well i guess i won't try that either then....i think i will download 10.5.1 and try that if that is all good then i will update with kalyway hackintosh10.5.3 combo update and hopfully that will work good luck with your mission!!!

@n00bs are us

Your screen shot shows a kernel panic on ACPI-SMC. There were fixes floating around for that the Kalyway disk. have a look around for ACPI SMC patches

I'm having a similar problem, it's just it's not that the installation necessarily freezes like that, but my computer restarts after a few minutes of trying to boot off the disc (With or without pressing F8.). I've tried every kernel, every setting pretty much (-x, -s, -v, etc.), and it still happens. I found "Leo4All" that supports my particular video card, but when I burned the disc, it didn't seem to work right, and it doesn't even start showing that list, it just restarts (Not the computer, the loader thing itself... I think the ISO is corrupt.).

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.40 GHZ, x86 MMX SSE SSE2.

Video card(I think this could be the main problem): nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 VRAM.

RAM: 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM(Two 256 MB modules, eventually going to get AT LEAST 1 GB.)

Monitor(though I doubt this is necessary): "Plug and Play Monitor" LCD Display, Highest resolution is 1024x768, terrible I know.

Audio: SoundMAX Digital Audio

HDDs: One 40 BG HDD that runs Windows XP Pro, and one 80 GB HDD of which has a partition to install leopard onto, but as you can see I haven't gotten that far yet...

Computer itself is an IBM something.

Please help!

My computer doesn't get so far as to even be able to select installation options. It doesn't even get to language select... :lol:

• 10 months later...