Help with icons and such

17 posts in this topic

post-150738-1214795029_thumb.png

hey does anyone know where to get a nice black folder colection, and maybe some "real looking" (not too much Sabr has a nice one) metal drives? i use candybar, but will use anything. also maybe the same trash can, but in black. also the dock icons im using in black as well.. ty all in advance.

-Robbie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
How 'bout these?

I've been searching for icons just like those! I'm a new mac user and slowly figuring out how to do this with the help from members. Is there any way you could let me know where I can get those same icons in your picture? Thanks!

I've been searching for icons just like those! I'm a new mac user and slowly figuring out how to do this with the help from members. Is there any way you could let me know where I can get those same icons in your picture? Thanks!

The icon set is called black gloss and you should be able to find it at iconfactory or interfacelift. You should get a program like candybar to change your icons easily, however i believe there may be a free alternative out there somewhere. you can also find good icons at deviantart, but make sure they're in the correct format. I use imgtoicns, but there are other conversion programs out there also. Check versiontracker for those. Just type in icns into the search field. A few of the icons i had were some that i modified myself (such as my address book, system prefs, and vlc icons), and i'm not sure if i even have them anymore after lots of shuffling of data between hard drives and reinstalls. Another site you may want to check out is macthemes2.net. Go to the forums look in the mac releases area for some cool stuff. Have fun!

where did you get the pink set IteliMac Pro?

Most of them I hunted down individually on deviantart. A few i found icons i liked on deviantart or in other icon packs and i modified them myself. Took my an entire day to find them all. Unfortunately there isn't an all inclusive icon pack for them. You could try doing a google search for aurora icons. All i was trying to do was make the system match the aurora wallpaper.

anyway you can send me some of them please, like firefox, system preferences, itunes, spaces, safari, and vlc. my girlfriend has an iMac and wants a pink theme i think they would be awesome.

Sorry I don't have them anymore unfortunately. Here's some pink folders though...

http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/details.php?id=229

and some icons...

http://jfender24.deviantart.com/art/Pink-I...ction-102568748

found those with a quick google search. you could probably find more if you dig deeper. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
The icon set is called black gloss and you should be able to find it at iconfactory or interfacelift. You should get a program like candybar to change your icons easily, however i believe there may be a free alternative out there somewhere. you can also find good icons at deviantart, but make sure they're in the correct format. I use imgtoicns, but there are other conversion programs out there also. Check versiontracker for those. Just type in icns into the search field. A few of the icons i had were some that i modified myself (such as my address book, system prefs, and vlc icons), and i'm not sure if i even have them anymore after lots of shuffling of data between hard drives and reinstalls. Another site you may want to check out is macthemes2.net. Go to the forums look in the mac releases area for some cool stuff. Have fun!

Thank You for the help!

• 10 months later...
How 'bout these?

I know this thread is aging, but I was hoping you might have that icon set still? I've been searching for the last hour for something like that (the black glossy icons) and I can't find it anywhere.

I know this thread is aging, but I was hoping you might have that icon set still? I've been searching for the last hour for something like that (the black glossy icons) and I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry I don't. A lot of them were custom made but I lost them awhile back. I found most of them here. Some, like VLC, Pacifist, Firefox, and Address Book, I just found icons I liked and adjusted the color in photoshop.

EDIT: Actually, I did find the icon set in the left picture. Here ya go.

• 1 month later...