iatkos upgrade to 10.5.3 fail

lokiloko

7 posts in this topic

ok, i just updated my osx from iatkos 10.5.2 to .3 when i rebooted i got error :

13AppleAHCIPort is not compatible with its superclass. 10IOAHCIPort changed?

Failed to load extensions com.apple.AppleAHCIPort.

13AppleAHCIPort is not compatibel with its superclass. 10IOAHCIPort changed?

Failed to load extensions com.apple.AppleAHCIPort.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleICH8AHCI"

Couldn't alloc class "AppleAHCI"

Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0

waiting for root device

and thats all i get, anyone know whats wrong? and how to remedy this? pls help

edit: found this certain fix where you copy a certain AppleAHCIPort.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ but how can i do that when i cant even boot? im really sorry but im pretty knew to this.

I used iAtkos 2.0i and upgraded it with kalway combo update, and now in iTunes, under cover flow, it sais "iTunes is unable to browse album cover on this computer" It used to be able to, but after the update it tells me this. Are you having the same problem?

I actually can use itunes, with cover flow.It is fully functional (except sound, internet) as far as i knowOK well Time Machine always stops halfway...{censored} I killed it somehownow it wont boot it says "journal magic is bad" Thanks for any helpsafemode and normal also cannotPlease helpI have no time for a reinstall...

• 2 weeks later...
edit: found this certain fix where you copy a certain AppleAHCIPort.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ but how can i do that when i cant even boot? im really sorry but im pretty knew to this.

I have the same problem, where did you find this solution?

I'd say, you can install this patch BEFORE rebooting, just when OSX is still active (after installation).

Please if you give more info, we might be help to each other

I used iAtkos 2.0i and upgraded it with kalway combo update, and now in iTunes, under cover flow, it sais "iTunes is unable to browse album cover on this computer" It used to be able to, but after the update it tells me this. Are you having the same problem?

I also used iATKOS 2.0i, and had everything working. I had sound too. I then used an update to 10.5.3 that Mysticus C* mentioned (via a trumpet!) posted somewhere on a forum to get to 10.5.3, assumed it worked completely, then used apple update to 10.5.4, and everything seemed ok. Then I opened iTunes, and found that same "iTunes is unable to browse album cover on this computer" message, and my sound was broken. Annoyingly I backed up all my 10.5.3 kexts over the top of my working 10.5.2 kexts, as I thought everything worked! Doh!

I have an external firewire soundcard with proper apple driver so the sound doesn't bother me too much (although I'd like to fix it), but the no coverflow is annoying.

I assume it's to do with graphics, as they're a nice 3D graphics thing. I heard a rumour that SSE3 is used for some graphics things though. I'm not too sure what graphics I had before in iATKOS 2.0i, but it worked. When I did the update to 10.5.3 I checked the NVinject 512MB option (I have a BFG 512 8800GT card).

I have quartz graphics enabled via osx86tools utility, but have tried both enabled and disabled.

Also since the updates it no longer shuts down or reboots and I need to use hold the power button, or press the reset button after the screen goes off.

Any clues?

BTW, when I used the update to 10.5.3 I mentioned I chose vanilla kernel. If the 10.5.4 changes kernel, then that was from apple, so will be vanilla too.

When I got a "is not compatible with its superclass" error for a kext I downloaded XCode and the source code for the kext, and compiled it on my system and that fixed the problem. Turns out, that superclass :censored2: happens when you start out with one guys patch and update with another.