possible specs for my new hackintosh

6 posts in this topic

hello,

here are my future specs to build an hackintosh but i am not so sure about the compatibility,,, can you please help me?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Tray, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield (hcl wiki combatible)

ASUS P5K-E/Wifi AP, Sockel 775, ATX (hcl wiki combatible)

RAM : motherboard is PC2-6400, PC2-5300 combatible which one is combatible with osx? (not stated in hcl) can i use 8 gb ram under osx?

grafics : MSI NX8800GT-T2D512E-OC, NVIDIA 8800GT, 512MB OR MSI NX8800GT Zilent, NVIDIA 8800GT, 512MB, PCI-Express which is better (i think both hcl wiki combatible)

HDD : WD Caviar GP 1TB WD10EACS SATA II WD10EACS (S-ATA2 - 7200 U/min) dont know if osx combatible

burner : Pioneer DVR-215 bulk beige DVD-RW - S-ATA both burner and hdd are sata : hdd = sata2, burner = ist says only S-ATA ( are those 2 combatible?)

i think what doesent matter to run osx is the cpu fan and the tower and the power supply( is 400 watt ok?) ...inst that right?

what is in bold black i am not so sure about it.please feel free to change my specs if you believe it wont work, except of the motherboard.....it is the only one whith wlan on board and compatible :) .i didnt buy it yet , i wait untill someone here says its ok.know some other questions can i use the vanilla kernel? and update like i had an imac or so?please i have to know...12 peaple read my post so far....anybody can help?

Nobody could help you unless they personally tested out the hardware, I mean 'cmon what do you want? Look up the hardware on wiki, that's the most anyone could do for you, but personally, unless I was being payed I wouldn't do it for you. So do it yourself.

nobody ?common man wahts up...a little help here!41 peaple read this post and you wanna tell me nobody can help me?please i need help here
This goes back to why I think a java/whatever 'configuration calculator' is needed to help people config systems. I wish I could help you myself. Maybe VaporATX can lend you some help.
Nobody could help you unless they personally tested out the hardware, I mean 'cmon what do you want? Look up the hardware on wiki, that's the most anyone could do for you, but personally, unless I was being payed I wouldn't do it for you. So do it yourself.
The hardware Wiki is byzantine. It's only about specific components, but not compatibility with other items (like DVD, Videocard, etc). Also, drivers is a completely different area which requires even more 'reading tea leaves'Configuring systems is anything but newbie territory...and that frankly must change.
This goes back to why I think a java/whatever 'configuration calculator' is needed to help people config systems. I wish I could help you myself. Maybe VaporATX can lend you some help.The hardware Wiki is byzantine. It's only about specific components, but not compatibility with other items (like DVD, Videocard, etc). Also, drivers is a completely different area which requires even more 'reading tea leaves'Configuring systems is anything but newbie territory...and that frankly must change.
http://osx86library.com/ looks quite promising as a viable online database in which newbies can have access to all the precious info that's required when building a Hackintosh.Still, I figure it will take 6-12 months before it gains traction...that is if it catches on (fingers crossed).

Yeah, at present we are working on the exact thing you are after... A wizard that steps you though building a compatible system or lets you submit custom builds.

I won't give too much away but ideally it will then show you what files you might need and what DVD release you should most likely download.