Kalyway 10.5.2 setup loop

metalboy4

10 posts in this topic

This is my first working install but I cannot get past the portion of the setup that asks for transfering information. I select skip, the last option, and it waits 30 seconds or so then loops back to the opening video or "welcome" video. It goes in what seems to be endless loop. The same thing happens for all kernels I have tried. Has anyone experianced this or know how to fix? My specs are:

Intel q6600

Gigabyte GA-73pvm-s2h

4 gig ram

using onboard video.

Installed on USB hard drive

dual-boot, Vista and Kubuntu 8.04

Hopefully, that is enough info.

Lots of people have this problem and workaround has been posted many times in the forum.

Did you search for it in the forums. Search for the following in Google

leopard welcome loop site:insanelymac.com

Lots of people have this problem and workaround has been posted many times in the forum.

Did you search for it in the forums. Search for the following in Google

leopard welcome loop site:insanelymac.com

Yes I did find those and try the disabling of the network cards and unplugging it. That did not work. I also have tried to boot with the -S but I get a reboot out of that I can't ever seem to get to the command line as some of those posts suggest. I don't have any other Mac information to transfer.

Try -s at darwin bootloader(remember to put out your Leo DVD out from the DVD Drive)if you put the Leo DVD into the Drive it will boot into it in single mode whereas it recognize your DVD as boot drive..so beware...

then follow this method:

/sbin/fsck -fy <--step one-Type this first then enter

/sbin/mount -uw / <-- step2- type this then enter

passwd root <--step 3-type this then enter..now, it will ask you to enter a new password

enter password..then enter..(remember at this point..there is no **** to hide your pass neither visible of your pass..but it blank..noted that what you type is actually write but there is nothing to show at the screen as Apple does this..)

reenter password to confirm password..

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot <--type this and enter to booting to your leopard as administrator.You'll straight to a logon screen..enter user: root and password: the one that you type previously.

there you go..but remember to setup new proper account from system preferences..select user...ok..

hope that'll help you..and remember..PLEASE BE A HARD READER USER..Don't make a ask thread..search first..then confirm if there if no solution then make a thread to ask for solution..

Makesure your ACHI @ ACPI support is disabled on your BIOS. This well known reason by me why PC keep on restarting..then use -s at darwin boot loader. ensure your Leopard DVD Installation cd is not left inside the DVD drive.

OK I got it to work. AHCI and ACPI didn't seem to make a difference. I ended up booting with nforcekernel -s and that got it to not reboot. I guess I should have known that the standard boot won't work either I am having to change to a different kernel. Thank you for your help. I believe some of the posts I have read point to the network driver not working and I am supposing that is the problem. I am on to fix that and read how to set my default kernel.

• 4 weeks later...

I am unable to boot. when i boot it has the grey apple screen, it tries to load, then tells me to reboot. I have tried to use -s and do my setup from there, but when i say reboot, it reboots, but tries to load and asks me to reboot :D . if i say quit after i do setup from -s, it appears with a bunch of text, and stops and says "localhost configd[63]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce".

I am trying to install it on an amd athlon x2, and a seagate PATA 200GB HDD, and 4GB of ram, 2 1GB sticks by patriot, and 2 by corsair.