SigmaTel High Definition Audio (Intel 945 chipset)

133 posts in this topic

If i understand the register as to be set like this:

line out 0x0421421F:

00 000100 0010 0001 0100 0010 0001 1111

line in 0x04811020 (CfgDflt default):

00 000100 1000 0001 0001 0000 0010 0000

line in 0x04A11021 (CfgCurr Current):

00 000100 1010 0001 0001 0000 0010 0001

default config for headphone from pinconfig.doc:

00 000010 0010 0001 0111 0000 0100 0000

post-29279-1144486662_thumb.jpg

Aerosense please read this post entirely, boot on XP get all infos as it written here (check the XP driver files) and then ask your question.

Autoy did you try the Azalia kext? seach on google you will find a solution...

check here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=5064&st=0

ok thanks VaiOSX. I got it! (pinconfig.doc)...

Yes, I am using azalia at this very moment. Problems: input does not work, output wired by default to laptop speakers and no line out to connect external speakers. If I load appleHDA i get all kext loaded if pcimaching is modified, but no sound. It may work by changing codec IDs for our cards too. Any suggestions?

Ok, inside the info.plist you have first the list of codec with a PathMapID param this is the param of the codec and they re 8 distinctive configurations...now I just need to switch from 1 to 8 and see if it's work or take one and modify it to reflect my internal config...

VaiOSX could you confirm?

to read the last post from VaiOSX and me, go to XP check your driver files, test the in/output with regmon and then follow by edit the info.plist of the AppleHDA.kext 10.4.6 to enter your configuration... or just wait until i fix it...

to read the last post from VaiOSX and me, go to XP check your driver files, test the in/output with regmon and then follow by edit the info.plist of the AppleHDA.kext 10.4.6 to enter your configuration... or just wait until i fix it...

Ok Ill do that now, can you post your info.plist of AppleHDA.kext so I can check it out and further work on it?

Ok, the info.plist secret revealed :(

at top you have the codec declaration,

in configdefault each codec have a layout-id assigned (0, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16)

each layout-id have a PathMapID assigned (from 0 to 8)

z

Ok, the info.plist secret revealed :(

at top you have the codec declaration,

in configdefault each codec have a layout-id assigned (0, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16)

each layout-id have a PathMapID assigned (from 0 to 8)

z

and how can I get my exact codec version so that I can put it in the info.plist?

Zappa,

I am following this thread for a while now. I have ALC882 with ICH7. The device id matched in the AppleHDA.kext plist but still have the "layout-id" error. I also read the M$ stuff about HDA pin configuration. have you gone through the ppt slides on the same page? I can help you with testing. I am using modified Azila kext (removing HDA kext) gives me audio out.

thanks this thread is more specicaly focused on Sigmatel STAC92XX codec but something that would be insteresting is to understand the info.plist of AppleHDA.kext 10.4.6 (90 pages of params! ;) )... well, if you look closely to this kext you will find a Realtek codec declaration on top of the info.plist which means that we can get the ACL88X work too but with more control on it...

Also i need to understand how the audio hardware work? interaction between ICH7 and the codec, etc.

Z

to understand what we're talking about here i reduce the AppleHDA info.plist to support only ONE codec with one config. that we need to change, the info.plist has been shrinked from 90 to 2 pages only.

for those how wanted to help, do the following stuff:

1- backup your AppleHDA.kext

2- copy/paste the info.plist below

3- change the codec VendorDeviceID (the current is a Sigmatel STAC92000 8384 / 7690) use calculator to make a decimal conversion

4- check permissions

5- reboot

Nothing append, great :censored2:

do a kextstat to be sure that the extension has been loaded then

learn (pinconfig.doc, etc.) and post your suggestions, here...

here it is:

Infoplist.txt

As requested by Zappa, my SigmaTel 9220 HDA is working fine out of the box.

I'm running 10.4.3 8F1111g. And sound card has VEN/DEV: 8384/7680.

I've not edited any kext. just that it won't work on the normal stereo output jack. I changed the plug to one of the bass(i guess, black color) and it works.

However, I don't have any info detected in the System Profiler.

My System:

Dell Dimension 5150~

P4 HT 640 on i945G, ATI X300 PCIe~...SATA with NCQ 7200rpm wdc hd 250G.

Hi, Zappadoc, I hope you make a good result.

Here's my report, but I dont know whether it helps you or not.

I am runnign osx 10.4.5 and the ID of my Sigmatel(STAC 9225) is VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0C00&REV_1042.

First, I changed every codecID to 220649352(8384/7661), rebooted without layout id error.

I could see the sound icon on Menu bar, but no sound.

On terminal I did the kextload command, and it appeared to be valid and loaded successfully. no sound.

And then I just exchanged my info.plist with your plist. modified the codec ID. But the kext file itself is still for 10.4.5. Rebooted and examined kextload in Terminal. At this time, terminal said that kext file had problems. This validation failure was somewhat predictable. i do not have kext file for 10.4.6, and put your plist into 10.4.5 kext file.

a question:

I can find out my pin Id but dont know how to determine which is line-in or line-out pinID.

How did you find it out?

thanks

Ok Cloudy,

1- the 10.4.6 kext can be find on Mac OS X update 10.4.6 parse and extract it with Pacifist.

2- read the post from VaiOSX above using the Regmon utility to find your pin...

Hum please VaiOSX could you explain how you find it with my log? thanks. :D

Z

installed kext for 10.4.6, rebooted without layout-id error.

audio icon on menu bar, but no sound.

on terminal, kextload appeared to be valid and loaded successfully.

that's all what i can do.

Zappadoc, many thanks for your effort..

Hello guys,

you can find some information about the card and the node ids by doing following on linux:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#$

where $ can be any number on my machine it is 2. While # is just #. I've attached output from working ALC882. on linux

PS: Sorry about spoiling the thread, as this is dedicated thread for Sigmatel, but I would like to help and get help.

thanks

-npcomplete

npcomplete_ALC882.txt