Install fails in DG33FB, Core 2 quad Q6600

EagleMac

9 posts in this topic

I have tried installing Leo4All V3, iAtkos v2.0 and Kalyway 10.5.2. All of these gives message "Waiting for <Dict..." and hangs in the installation. Only Kalyway went one step forward with cpus=1 and gave message "kalyway ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCpuCtrlLoop PMCpuControl (PMIOCSeTPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff" anbd hangs in there. Keyboard does not respond. I tried waiting for about 1 hour too. but nothing happened.

Below is my configuration

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz

MB : Intel DG33FB

RAM : 2 GB Transcend

HDD : SATA 160 GB formatted with first partition FAT32.(plugged in port 0) Tried even without formatting and partitioning.

DVD Writer : LG SATA (plugged in port 4) Also tried in port 1

No external Video card.

I even tried with IDE HDD and DVD. Got the same hanging issue in that too.

I tried setting the BIOS drive configuration to below

1. Legacy with Smart disabled

2. Native, IDE with SMart disabled

3. Native, AHCI with Smart disabled

4. Native, AHCI with Smart enabled

I even tried with cpus=1 -f -v -s -x

Nothing seem to help me go further. Also there is no error or exception show while loading.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have tried installing Leo4All V3, iAtkos v2.0 and Kalyway 10.5.2. All of these gives message "Waiting for <Dict..." and hangs in the installation. Only Kalyway went one step forward with cpus=1 and gave message "kalyway ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCpuCtrlLoop PMCpuControl (PMIOCSeTPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff" anbd hangs in there. Keyboard does not respond. I tried waiting for about 1 hour too. but nothing happened.

Below is my configuration

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz

MB : Intel DG33FB

RAM : 2 GB Transcend

HDD : SATA 160 GB formatted with first partition FAT32.(plugged in port 0) Tried even without formatting and partitioning.

DVD Writer : LG SATA (plugged in port 4) Also tried in port 1

No external Video card.

I even tried with IDE HDD and DVD. Got the same hanging issue in that too.

I tried setting the BIOS drive configuration to below

1. Legacy with Smart disabled

2. Native, IDE with SMart disabled

3. Native, AHCI with Smart disabled

4. Native, AHCI with Smart enabled

I even tried with cpus=1 -f -v -s -x

Nothing seem to help me go further. Also there is no error or exception show while loading.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

well,same prob.(even same config.) i had.. :)

ok...awake up neo..

just install a external Video card :P

.......free ur mind... :)

see ya soon mate.. :)

Thanks dude. :)

It all started working like magic once i added 8500GT. Even sound worked. All the core worked without having to do any configuration while installing except for selecting the partition to install. I used the Kalyway disk. Wonderful. Just have to check out the networking.....installation took less than 25 minutes.

Cheers Man. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have same problem.I have almost same configuration. I am using kalyway 10.5.2 INTEL_AMD.

I am using on board graphic card. I think I will change it to Geforce Nvidia 8600 gt.

please let me know your bios settings for SATA

thanks

DVGUY

• 5 months later...

i think most of the users having problem with "still waiting for root device" are using nvidia geforce 7 series graphics cards like me.

i've tried every thing, i mean every thing from bios settings to setting up hard drives and dvd roms. nothing working with iatkos 5i 10.5.5.

replacing card with 8 series is not a solution.

there must be a solution.

any idea????????????????????

i think most of the users having problem with "still waiting for root device" are using nvidia geforce 7 series graphics cards like me.

i've tried every thing, i mean every thing from bios settings to setting up hard drives and dvd roms. nothing working with iatkos 5i 10.5.5.

replacing card with 8 series is not a solution.

there must be a solution.

any idea????????????????????

For still waiting for root device -> try booting from an external DVD.