OSx86 On My P4?

duggyb

9 posts in this topic

Alright well i have researched this topic for a couple days now off and on and think i am ready for the challenge....here is what i would like to do

ok first i will list my hardware specs so you know what is going on!

-Intel Pentium 4 3.0E(presscott core)800FSB 1MB L2 cache

-Asus P4P800-SE Motherboard

-XFX 6600GT AGP 8x Videocard

-512mb PC3200(1.5 gigs soon as i got 1gb in the mail already!)

-CDRW Drive

-CD Drive

-60gb Maxtor 7200RPM(windows)

-40gb Maxtor 7200RPM(this is where i want OSx86)

so now that you know my specs i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the best fit tutorial for booting DUAL OS's windows XP Pro on my 60gb and PSx86 on my 40gb.....if someone could give me a link to the best fit tutorial for my operation that would be greatley appreciated!!

THNX

Duggy

ok first i will list my hardware specs so you know what is going on!

-Intel Pentium 4 3.0E(presscott core)800FSB 1MB L2 cache

-Asus P4P800-SE Motherboard

Not to put you off or anything. I have the same hardware (mobo/cpu) and haven't had any luck getting it to work.

Let me know if you do get it working.

If you have a 915 chipset CPU (with SATA drives) then all you have to do is patch Rosetta on the DVD and you can directly install via the DVD. if you use IDE drives then you have to add the IOATAFamily.kext file, but don''t ask me as I never had to.

well my drives are IDE and my chipset on my motherboard is 865PE will this work....i am not a noob to computers but am to this so will it work??

THNX

Duggy

If you have a 915 chipset CPU (with SATA drives) then all you have to do is patch Rosetta on the DVD and you can directly install via the DVD. if you use IDE drives then you have to add the IOATAFamily.kext file, but don''t ask me as I never had to.

Wait a sec...so SATA works? I guess I thought it was being made to work in the near future. Oh well...

joneSi