OSx86 Library

Tim Smart

35 posts in this topic

Hi Hagar,

Did the InsanelyMac management ripped off the OSx86 Library's content and implemented it in your/their OSx86 database?

Thanks,

Abyssian

Well that's why I'm asking.

Certainly I have the title of administrator and fulfill that function 90% of the time when the owners are nowhere to be seen. However as you have noticed, the site was suddenly revamped and we the community staff had no warning whatsoever that this was going on.

One Administrator may look much the same as another to you, but a few of us have the title as volunteers who have spent a lot of time & effort on the site, and others because they work for the owners and get paid to do stuff here.

Unfortunately, the latter are not perhaps as good as they should be at keeping the former informed.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I can't answer what I do not know.

[edit] it seems I replied too fast, when I hit reply it said something along the lines of "aren't you an administrator here?"

Me and Sabr have just finished build! http://www.osx86library.com/hardware/build.php

We want to clean up the UI a little bit more, but it is still a cool piece of kit. Hope you enjoy it.

We also need some people to help clean up the Database entries, filling in information where needed. This will make it easier for people to find what they are looking for, and will also make the Build feature work better and more accurately, as it works directly off the information in the database.

As quote. Build will help users make systems compatible with Mac. We are still working on the algorithms that drive the system, but for now it works quite well.

I would also like to take this opportunity to offer anyone who has skills in web development to join our team. If you are interest flick a e-mail to contact@osx86library.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...