Apple Logo Nothing else

ken_max04

15 posts in this topic

im trying to install zephyroh into my computer

i only get to the apple logo and the loading icon after 2 min

a litle white box appear in the center of the screen and nothing else happen..

Hope to hear some answers soon..

My Computer

Motherboard Model: ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 4200 2.2 GHz

Chipset: NORTH BRIDGE NVIDIA NFORCE4 SLI X16

HDD: 2 500GB Sata and 1 320GB Sata

Sound Card: integrate Realteck AC'97

You need to find out what's going on BEHIND that grey screen...

Just like Josh said use -v at the prompt to boot using verbose mode.

That gets rid of the grey screen and let's you see what's being loaded and what errors are occuring. There will be a LOT of text - usually the last several lines showing will be the clue to the problem.

This the message that i got that i think is my problem

Extension "com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platform.pluggin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; Use only one style.

I doubt it. The lines of interest are the ones following "Waiting for boot volume....".

It's WAY to small for me to read most of it - and the kernel panic is one I haven't seen. But, generally when you see a line starting with "panic", it isn't good...

This will require a LOT more information for anyone to be of help. Probably down to your motherboard chipsets, and exactly which Zephyroth install DVD you're using (there are 3), AND exactly which OPTIONS you chose to "customize" your install... You'll also probably find more info and help at infinitemac.com.

i have the 10.5.2-AMD-efi

which things i should disable on the BIOS

another things even that doesnt install Leopard after i reset my PC Vista is gone i have to install vista back

should i try IDE drives or sata will work fine

i flash my bios today with the lastest update available and still doesnt go any farther

when i use -S or -V

this the message i got

MAC Framework Successfully Initialized

Using 5242 buffer headers and 4046 cluster IO buffers headers Extension "com.apple.driver.acpi_smc_platform.pluggin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; Use only one style.

what else can i try now?

• 3 months later...