SlipStream XP Installation

Wayfarer247

9 posts in this topic

Alright, so I know of nLite, and have tried it out. Works fine, but here is my problem... I don't know what to slipstream. I got a HP Pavilion dv9000 computer, and it came with Vista. However, I have wanted to try and get XP on it... but XP doesn't have native support for SATA hard drive. During installation it doesn't recognize that my computer has any Hard Drives installed. It tells me to enter my Floppy Disk. Erm, yeah... who has Floppy Disks anymore? For that matter, my compute doesn't even have a floppy drive.

So, I want to slipstream my XP cd and stick in the drivers for my Hard Drive. This is where I run into some trouble. I can't seem to find those drivers. Through Windows Device Managers, it says I have:

WDC WD1600BEVS-60RST0 ATA Device

I got Western Digital out of that, but I can't for the life of me find a drive for it on their website. So, if you could either tell me where to find the driver on my computer (if it will work for an XP slipstream) or where to download it (or in a driver pack) that would be a lot of help. I also have Kunbuntu on my computer so if you need more hardware info, I can probably get it through that.

Thank you!

As far as i know, you will find the latest or last XP made on TPB (I think it refers to Corporate edition) and this should be able to see your SATA!

i might be wrong, but it is worth downloading and taking the chance?

SticMAN

Search on Google. There are ways to add your SATA Drivers on your XP disc. I did it a long time back. I dont remember exactly how though.

You need f6 install drivers for sata for most pc`s when installing xp itll tell you press f6 for other drivers then you would insert your floppy diskette and select the driver, But dont know off any way without a floppy tho .

The problem is with XP where it doesn't accept any drive other than Floppy-except when you have a motherboard BIOS that can mimic drive A from a USB drive. On this aspect, Vista is pretty adaptable when switched from IDE to RAID to AHCI. It behaves almost like OSX.

The drivers you are looking for are already on your XP disk, it just won't load from the disk. As of right now I cannot find / remember the file that you must extract these drivers from, but lucky for you, I did find my FLOPPY DISK that I extracted them to.

PM me and I will give you a username and password to my home FTP Server, so you can download the files and put them on a FLOPPY and use an external USB Floppy Drive, because I am pretty sure that is the only way it will work...

By the way, I will always have a floppy drive on my desktop PC until they stop making a FDD connection on my motherboards. ;)

Hey guys Thank you for the replies. I tried responding earlier, but Insanely Mac had a hiccup. Anyways, I downloaded a XP cd, but to no avail. It said SATA + Raid, but XP still didn't find my Hard Drives. Anyways, I am now going with SDRacer48's suggetsion, and am going to try that. I will let you know if I have success. Now I just need an external Floppy Disk...