Nvidia 9500M GS (NOT RESOLVED YET)

mcurran

6 posts in this topic

Hello, does anyone know if there's a driver/support available for the 9500M GS card, now that we got 5.3? It has the G84 chipset and I would think this card is supported; however, QE is not enabled out-of-the-box with NVInject 512 w/ 10.5.3. I even have the Kaby modified BIOS for my G1Sn, but have been looking everywhere and cannot find any answer to this. Somebody please help!

Another question which probably needs a new thread, but I was wondering if we can skip the Kaby BIOS mods for our ASUS notebooks w/ Kalyway 10.5.3, since you can choose cpus=1 option as a default allocation during installation? I know this would correct the problems with the CPU aliases anyways, but I'm not sure if dual core support would be enabled if I go back to the original BIOS and use this new option...

Maybe if someone could just show me a link which describes a standard install for 10.5.3 for the G1Sn, or maybe the M50Sn and I'd be set. God knows I've been searching to no avail. I know it's really early for any notebook specific guides on 10.5.3 already, but I'm desperate and I'm so close to finishing off this awesome new toy (Multiboot G1Sn-B1: Vista64, Leopard, and Linux Mint). By the way - I'm a complete noob to OS X, nevermind OSx86. Please don't refer me to 10.5.2 or lower guides for the G1S, because that's irrelevant.

Thanks in advance! I need someone to hold my hand.

NVinject does work, I'm using it on 10.5.3. You must remove your previous Nvidia and GeForce Kexts and re-install it again (I used NVinstaller41.pkg) with reboot -f inbetween and after. That's what I did, running currently leo4allv3 10.5.3 9.3.0 kernel with NVinjectGo 512 MB with Quartz and CI working (hardware acceleration).

NVinject does work, I'm using it on 10.5.3. You must remove your previous Nvidia and GeForce Kexts and re-install it again (I used NVinstaller41.pkg) with reboot -f inbetween and after. That's what I did, running currently leo4allv3 10.5.3 9.3.0 kernel with NVinjectGo 512 MB with Quartz and CI working (hardware acceleration).

That uses old 5.2 NVIDIA kexts.

NVinject works with 5.3 NVIDIA kexts also, you need to edit Info.plist and set IOProbeScore to 0.

• 2 months later...