Another REAL ACTUAL solution to 10.5.3 and no Quartz Extreme

omniron

16 posts in this topic

http://osx86.wikidot.com/how-to-s#toc6

This guide here worked for me. I'm not sure what the requirements for this to work are, but i have an Intel Core 2 Quad on an Intel motherboard with a GeForce 8800 GT G92 based.

The difference between this solution and the one where you use a "backup" from an older Mac OS X version is that with this solution, you're actually using the new drivers in 10.5.3, with the benefits of that new driver, rather than older drivers.

Also, you can get rid of NVinject with this (although it essentially does the same thing, if it worked with 10.5.3).

- I updated with this one.

- Lost QE and CI support.

- Installed NVkush from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

- Removed NVinject.kext from extensions folder.

- Rebooted and typed -f -v

- QE and CI came back.

Solution for parachute.

thanks parachute!! and Diabolik1605!!!!!!

I have tried all the options and no solution (NVInject, Natit & NVkush), deleted all kexts, re-installed each one separately and rebooted using -f, tried EFIHEX & manual edit, all No luck. When I use NVInject I can't change the resolution, otherwise I can.

Quartz Extreme not working :unsure: (Any other solutions?):

GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7600 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1152 x 864 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

My system:

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2180 @ 2.2Ghz

1Gb RAM @ 880Mhz

Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS 512Mb (with Modified ROM)

Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L

80Gb HDD with Kalyway osX86 10.5.1 MBR => 10.5.3 Kalyway combo update

I LOST MY QE After Update to 10.5.3. PLease Help Me..

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

VA1701wb:

Resolution: 1280 x 720 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

All I had to do was remove old GeForce and NV* kext's from /S/L/E and run the NVinstaller again, rebooted with -f, worked fine after that.

Yes, you're doing it WRONG. When you re-run NVinstaller, you're using the OLD GPU drivers. You essentially are NOT running 10.5.3 . The method in the first (and second) post allows you to run the NEW gpu drivers, thus gaining the speed and stability benefit of the newer drivers.

Rhuey46, try using the Nvidia kexts from 10.5.2. That is what worked for my 7300GS when none of the other options worked.

Hey,

Don't mean to sound like too much of a N00bie, but I am one....

where exactly do I find these.

Thanks,

Rhuey46

NVkush worked for my Secondary hTosh (8600GTS 256MB); everything reports correctly

i'll test it later tonight on my Main's 8800GTX and i'll post the results

well, it actually didn't; gave me frags and sh*t like that on 3D (AoE3 and WOW).

After the 10.5.3 kalyway combo upd, the only thing that worked on my Secondary hTosh was NVInstallerV.41. I removed the old nvinject and GForce kexts, then installed it. Everything goes smooth again.

You too are using the older slower drivers. Try the procedure noted in the first post here, then re-install the full 10.5.3 update for the newer, faster, more stable drivers.

well, it actually didn't; gave me frags and sh*t like that on 3D (AoE3 and WOW).

After the 10.5.3 kalyway combo upd, the only thing that worked on my Secondary hTosh was NVInstallerV.41. I removed the old nvinject and GForce kexts, then installed it. Everything goes smooth again.

You too are using the older drivers. Try the procedure in the first post to get the new, good drivers from 10.5.3, after re-installing 10.5.3.

I have tried all the options and no solution (NVInject, Natit & NVkush), deleted all kexts, re-installed each one separately and rebooted using -f, tried EFIHEX & manual edit, all No luck. When I use NVInject I can't change the resolution, otherwise I can.

Try the procedure in the first post.

I've been running OSx86 for several months now (was using 10.5.1, just reinstalled a fresh 10.5.1 and upgraded with Kalyway's combo to 10.5.3) but I have what seems to me a very n00b question.... how do I know if Quartz Extreme is working or not?