10.5.3 Killed My QE

telepete19

15 posts in this topic

Hello All.

I updated to 10.5.3 the other day using Kalyway's Combo update and I have lost my Quartz Extreme support that I have been enjoying since January. I have reinstalled NVinject 4 times using different methods (punk92 installer, command line and Pacifist) and am unable to re-enable my QE. 'About This Mac' just says 'Not Supported' every time. ANY ideas are appreciated.

Thanks folks.

pete

Here is what I did to get back QE / CI .

Btw I'm running Leo4allv3 with 10.5.3, 9.3 kernel Core2Duo, Nvidia 8400 GM 512 MB RAM.

Removed all previous nVidia stuff using:

rm -Rf /S/L/E/Geforce*

rm -Rf /S/L/E/NV*

Rebooted with -f into VESA mode.

then used the NVinstaller41 package & chose the correct NVinject ("Go" in my case) and rebooted again with -f and it worked.

I had to manually adjust my RAM detection though.

I found the package and removed all my Nvidia related files from /System/Library/Extensions. I then installed the NVinstaller with my correct driver and STILL no QE. I'm going out now to buy a new 9 iron to take care of the problem for good.

I had the same problem with my old geforce 6200. No QE after installing 10.5.3. i used the combo update and netkas method. Just copy all your 10.5.2 kexts that start with NV*.kext or Geforce*.kext plus NVinject to your Extensions folder.....repair permissions....reboot...repair permissions again...this worked for me. I can't remember for sure, but i don't think i installed the graphics update from 10.5.2. So these kexts would be originals from the kalyway 10.5.2 Intel AMd Dvd. Good luck...

No you don't. The thing is to use your previous Kext's that worked before. Did you try fixing permissions of the kext? If your previous kext had QE working before and you removed the new ones and installed the old one with proper permissions and rebooting with -f it should work. Also are you sure you're choosing the correct NVinject? This is critical. Installing the wrong one will not enable QE/CI.

I tried natit today. No dice. I'm getting really frustrated with this. everyone else had a really easy time fixing this problem. I am officially out of ideas. If anyone needs me i'll be in the forest screaming, pulling my hair and possibly punching some trees.