leapord 10.5.3

copyman3

8 posts in this topic

You can only install 10.5.3 on real Macs or OSx86 machines that are close to the real thing. So this mean Core2Duo CPUs not AMD. You will need to wait for the AMD hackers to make the extensions+kernel compatiable. Even then with core 2 computers its very risky. I would suggest you back up your stuff if you use the machine as your primary to a partition or drive. I also recommend that if you have the saved extensions from 10.5.2 like AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext to copy it back your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder before you begin the update or it will not finish as you OS will crash indefinitly. The best way to do this is move all your dmgs+files to a seperate storage device and re-install Leopard and then install 10.5.3 using the 10.5.2 guide. I've done this and it works. But the drive is now sporting Windows XP cause I like it and my new iMac arrives on wednesday.

Dell Latitude 830 is a core2duo laptop. Except for the built in ethernet (Broadcom 5752) everything else is as close to a real macbook.

Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update should be safe to install on this laptop.

Backup the following kexts, update with Kalyway's combo update (NOT APPLE) and restore them before rebooting.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleHDA.kext

Well, for a second, I forgot I didn't have a real Mac and installed it. When I restarted it kept getting stuck on the screen with the copy "Press your power button now to restart..." I had to reinstall the system all over again. Not the end of the world, but a pain.