How to install Kalyway 10.5.3 Update Without a problem!

jivhg

38 posts in this topic

July 22, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Sam

Hi

(sorry for my english) i had trouble updating from Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 i have the eternel grey screen with the apple logo and the spining wheel i tried every method (way) what could be the probeleme? thank you

Asus: P5k/Wifi

Intel: dual core 6750 2,6ghz

Nvidia: 8800 Gtx (760mo dedicated)

when i type “update -v” nothing start but with -v or -x or -v -x i’ve got the istall options booting from the start impossible for me to bypass the options and go to my account (can i use the terminal during the install boot to bypass the istall options screen?)

Thank you guys

• 4 weeks later...

HI I installed form kalyway 10.5.1 and after run the update 10.5.2 and all works fine, but when I installed the update 10.5.3 all seems to ran fine but when its booting I see the blue screen and after just a black screen.

Any suggestions??

I think I need to change the resolution of the screen of something, How can I do it?

I have a Dell D620 core 2 duo with intel 9455GM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the guide! I followed it exactly and I'm getting stuck at "Airport: Link Up On en0". I installed the correct drivers (Broadcom 1390) and it was working great on 10.5.2.

Running Dell Inspiron 6400 with Core2Duo.

tried rebooting with -f and still can't get anywhere.

It also says that the USB extension (can't remember exact name) failed to load.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
How were you guys able to do a flawless update per kalyway's instructions? To go forward with the install, it tells you it has to restart after the update. There is no option not to restart after the update starts. How do you do the update, but keep it from restarting so you can choose the kernel?...

My question exactly.

I run the update and it ends with a screen overlay telling me in various languages to turn the computer off by holding down the power button.

HP530 Leo4All v3. Just updated with Kalyway 10.5.3 without any trics/scripts/bckup. Working at now with any problem. Microphon didn't work before and doesn't work now :-)

Hi, I have a HP530 and after upgrading to 10.5.3 Combo (genuine file) my trackpad and keyboard stops working...

Got to use a USB mouse.... but still no keyboard (dont have one).

Help me!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a problem once i install the 10.5.3 Update successfully using the other kernal (not vanilla) that is given with the update. This update is on a fresh, formatted copy of 10.5.2 and i keep getting this error. I am unable to see ANY of my menus on the top left. under FILE, EDIT, VIEW, EVERYTHING, i am unable to see anything. i can still click on the menu and it will select the item that is there, however the menu appears blank and you cannot see any menu options. Please help, is this something that is wrong with the Kernal? or kext? please advise cause your help will be greatly apprecaited.

Specs:

Asus P5WD2 Premium

Intel Pentium D 820

ATI Radeon HD 3650

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

OK, I did the update and all went relatively well except for the vidio. I'm using an nVidia card and it only works at 1440x900. Changing up gives me the blue screen and I have to reboot. I've installed nvKush and nVidia-Leopard kext files. Here's what System Profiler says about the display:

GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0422

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Displays:

Display Connector:

W2252:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Any ideas on how to get full functionality?

Thanks,

-Kerry

First. Before we start, back up the following extensions and bundles :)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

All of that is VERY Important.

Download the Kalyway 10.5.3 ComboUpdate from somewhere (torrent sites)

Just read the readme first :D

1. Install the kalyway update. (DO NOT REBOOT YET)

2. Open the Kernels installer

3. Install the kernel for you. (If unsure install vanilla for Intel core2duo based cpu)

4. Take these extensions and put them in their old spot:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

Also, take AppleACPIPowerSource.kext frm ACPIPlatform.kext and put it in it's old spot (/system/library/extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/)

5. Repair Permissions with this terminal command:

~sudo -s

~chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

~chmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/

POST-INSTALLATION

6. After you reboot, at the darwin prompt, type, "update -v"

7. If you have booted, and you get errors saying kexts where improperly installed, download pcwiz's OSXTools Utility and Clear Extensions Cache and set permissions on extensions folder and reboot. If that doesn't work, download "KextHelper b7" and install them with that.

OSXTools Utility can be found at:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=104754

8. If you are having trouble booting, tell me your problem. And what is the last thing it says at the "-v" after rebooting.

***9. If you get "still waiting for root device" boot with "-f" and follow step 7

10. If you have an nVidia Card, and CI + QE Don't work, install Diabolik's nvKush.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, FEEL FREE TO POST.

SOUND DRIVERS MAY NEED TO BE RE-INSTALLED ASWELL

THIS GUIDE IS ENTIRELY BY ME, AND WILL NOT BE COPIED, UNDERSTOOD?

OK, I fixed it. After deleting the nvinject.kext, I installed nvKush and took the hex id from the profile manager, plugged it into http://diabolik1605.com/plister/ and copied the file as instructed into the GeForce folder in Extensions. Now, the adapter is working perfectly.

Now, one last question, and this problem was present in 10.5.2 as well: about every second or third boot, the keyboard and mouse go unrecognized and are DOA. After rebooting (sometimes twice) all is well, but this is worrisome (and annoying).

Any pointers there?

Thanks,

-Kerry

Hello all,

OK, I did the update and all went relatively well except for the vidio. I'm using an nVidia card and it only works at 1440x900. Changing up gives me the blue screen and I have to reboot. I've installed nvKush and nVidia-Leopard kext files. Here's what System Profiler says about the display:

GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0422

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Displays:

Display Connector:

W2252:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Any ideas on how to get full functionality?

Thanks,

-Kerry

• 4 months later...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and after I update with 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update (modbin) I get no video, the system is working but I cant see nothing

Any ideas how to fix this?

My videocard is integrated intel x3100

• 4 months later...

when trying to reboot after upgrade my laptop freezes at: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce.

Also, the following errors occured:

can't find host time.apple.com

timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

I tried to download the PCWiz OSX Tool Kit but the link doesn't work and doing a search brings me to a page that doesn't exist...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

• 9 months later...

Heyyo,

Just wanna say? excellent guide. Worked for me without a problem just like you said in the title. :pirate2:

Gateway NV5909H laptop (I'd install a newer version of OSX but I just get kernel panics right away without an error message even with -v)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I need help with this. I installed kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell XPS m1350.

Dell XPS M1530:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T7250 (2,40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache)

Windows Vista™ Home Premium

15,4 widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT, TrueLife™

4GB Ram

320 GB (5 400 v/min) SATA-hårddisk

NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT, 256 MB

I followed the steps and installed 10.5.3 update. When I restarted and typed in "update -v", I get the "still waiting for root device." When I type in -f, it just shows the Apple screen for a long time, doesn't do anything. So, how am I supposed to do this update thing? Am I just stuck?? Please help!!!