InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidallos

Virtualizing Multiple Partitions with VMWare

Hello. I'm not sure if there's a topic in the forums relating to this, but I would like to get this issue answered ASAP, if possible. The way my system is set up is that I have two HDDs: the primary disk is partitioned in two, one for XP and one for Vista while the second disk is for Mac OS X. The operating system entries are handled by Vista's boot manager. On Mac OS X, I have VMWare 1.1.2 installed and would like to virtualize both the XP and Vista partitions. I see the option of using a "Boot Camp partition" under the Virtual Machine Library, and when started brings me to the Vista boot loader by which the operating system entries are handled. But when I select either XP or Vista, it gives me an error that prevents me from booting to the respective OS. I cannot remember the error at this time of writing, but will post the information if necessary. I am sure that if if I had only one partition, the process would be a breeze, but with two other operating systems aside from Mac OS X, it is not. Would someone please help me on how to go about virtualizing both the XP and Vista partitions on my computer? Thank you very much.

Advertisement

Well, this is a bump :P

I've installed VMware Fusion in my Laptop, and I want to use the bootcamp partition. I have 3 partitions: the first is a system partition (which has the boot files), the second is Windows 7 and the third the HFS for Mac.

When I try to run the bootcamp VM, it shows the boot menu, but if I choose Windows 7, an error appears: "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible". I guess VMware can't access the second partition, which has W7. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Cool! Do you have a link? Googled and didn't see anything yet.   Never mind... you're quick! I just noticed you updated it on the 1st page THANKS!!!!!!
    • I resolved the problem. Just set this coding in your config.plist:   "
      <key>KextsToPatch</key>
              <array>
                  <dict>
                      <key>Comment</key>
                      <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                      <key>Disabled</key>
                      <false/>
                      <key>Find</key>
                      <data>
                      g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                      </data>
                      <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                      <false/>
                      <key>MatchOS</key>
                      <string>10.13.x</string>
                      <key>Name</key>
                      <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                      <key>Replace</key>
                      <data>
                      g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                      </data>
                  </dict>
              </array>     "
    • New Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.30.107 for 10.13.4 build 17E202
    • I guess having pre{max-height: 500px;overflow: auto;} in CSS was too much for IPS Devs' tast.  Until an admin has hands on this, you still can use stylish plugin to accomplish it.     In fact, it is pretty easy than it appears - Just apply a simple click on the codebox (it will highlight it), then 'delete' key.
    • all the possible frequencyes i have added seems to work fine at the moment, i have added a lot of different frequencyes to support better all kinds of professional applications, inclunding strange sampling rates and goes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz, unfortunately 192 khz does not seems to work even on cards which should support it like the audigy rx, but other frequencyes just works fine and at the moment i have tested only the sound blaster audigy rx and the audigy sb0090 (1st gen audigy) and i can confirm that all the frequencyes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz does work on that card, so i think that such frequencyes should work on all the audigy 2, 2sz, 4 cards as well, tomorrow i will test with my sound blaster live! cards and i will let you know, but here are also some photos (pro tip: use cmd + alt/opton + 4 and then press space to make a screenshot of a single window):