IBM Thinkpad T42p -- it all works with 10.4.5

7 posts in this topic

Just in case anyone out there is wondering if it's possible --

I Just upgraded from 10.4.3 to 10.4.5. On 10.4.3 the only thing that didn't work was wireless (atheros) -- but with 10.4.5 that works too.

Now everything works: sound, video (quartz extreme, 1600x1200 resolution), network (built-in ethernet and wireless).

Yes IBM T42s are excelent replacement for intel mac... Mine works like a charm too, only problem is that I use 1400*1050 resolution wich gives me a little bit artifacting when opening and draging new windows.

What graphics card do you have in your T42? Also, you don't get video tearing with windows in 1400x1050? From what I've read on the forums, that is a common problem since OS X doesn't support that resolution.

Also, does sleep mode work for your T42?

This is a pic of the window tearing I'm talking about:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...pe=post&id=1563

If you don't get that, I'd be really curious to how you setup your plist.apple.Boot file.

georgios: Grabbed the MacOSX_10.4.4DVD.iso (md5sum: 072fba74662133c3212426d48f051b19)

Grabbed the 10.4.5 PPF update (it's named "MacOSX_10.4.4DVD_latest.ppf") -- I am aware of the "10.4.4" in the name.

Applied the PPF to the ISO using ppf-o-matic3

Burned the new ISO to DVD (which creates a bootable 10.4.5 install DVD)

Booted the DVD, selected the existing 10.4.3 installation and said clicked the "Upgrade" button.

It upgraded with no errors .. when it was done I set my resolution back to 1600x1200 in the Boot.plist file.. then went to the network settings and it told me it found a new airport network device.. I configured it and it worked as promised.

@desau:

Got a T42p too but I have no Quartz or CI. Try to do it with the "applei386family.kext" (because the system wont recognice the card in cause of no agp bridge driver) but system crashes after restart at the apple logo. Any solution?! Running a 10.4.3 and have no idea how to update...

Wireless works after updating the network kext files to 10.4.5.

Thanks

• 1 month later...