ATI Radeon HD 2400 pro AGP

lastExile

36 posts in this topic

Update! I was able to get QC installed and supported! I had to boot into Safe Mode then remove all existing ATIRadeonx2000*.Kext's from the extensions and then re-install using your provided installer! It works GREAT! Thanks!

good to hear :)

hey there,

just did a post above as I try to get my HD 3850 AGP running in Leo4all 10.5.4 and then found this threat.

my osx86 machine (Non-EFI) is:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket 754)

Asus K8N-E Deluxe MoBo (nforce3)

Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP (512 MB)

I tried quite a lot of different things, but nothing worked out yet.

when Leo4All 10.5.4 is installed without any gaphic drivers, it boots fine, network, sound etc. is working.

is there quite a chance that this HD 2400 driver gives my radeon baby some QE, 3d-power, resolution-change etc.???

.... would be so nice to get this Radeon running ... thanks for help, hints or tips

btw: thanks 2 LastExile ... guess in 90% of the threats and tries to get it running I came across threats involving your name ... two thumbs up!

• 1 month later...

hello,

I also got an Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 AGP (512 MB) running on an AMD Opteron 185 (Dual core, socket 939) nforce3 ultra motherboard and I was unable to make it work.

The device ID is 9515 and I updated the info.plist file after that updated the cache and after reboot I got the grey apple screen which remained on the screen, cant say it froze because I tried pressing the Caps Lock key and it seemed to work(the led was coming on/off).

With -v I noticed the ati driver was complaining about being "unknown hardware" and after that it remained that way with the verbose output but the "caps lock" seemed to work.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP!

I'm running 10.5.6 with a Sapphire 2400 AGP, 256 MB. It has device id 0x94c4 and Vendor ATI 0x1002 according to my Mac. It shows as PCI, not AGP.

Without kexts it loads fine but limited to 1024x768, and no advanced features etc. I removed ALL ATI kexts, then installed your program, but I get a weird screen upon load then. It is mostly black and white (irregular squares with some color specks mixed in...) and reminds me of one of those stereograms you have to focus to see a hidden 3d object.

I've tried cleaning the system for ATI kexts +Natit.kext and reinstalling several times. Any idea why this would occur?????? I tried removing the kexts both from console and in safe mode. I tried to install your app both as my normal user, and as root.

Anything else I can do?? I spent $50 on this card (internetshop, so return is difficult), which is a bit annoying as my built in graphics chipset worked the same (no less, no more) than this ati card does.

Thanks!

EDIT: Some other notes, also removed nvidia kexts that were obvious, and some othe ATI related kexts that did not start with ATI. The card is a 2400 Pro AGP, but note that the manufacturer overclocked it. Don't see why it should matter, but.... I use DVI-VGA converter plug.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

IVE been tryin to join the #radeonhd channel for months...how? i have a radeon hd 2400 pro agp 512 with ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 on a dell dimension 4600. 1.125 GB ram and 2.4 ghz p4. i have been tryin to enable qe and CI support with all methods mentioned here. NONE seem to work... is there somethin im doin wrong??? this installer doesnt seem to work at all other than the jumbled blocks on the screen. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE.

• 3 months later...