Variable speed Fan Control

kdawg

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if variable speed fan control works with OSx86? I know it works with the BIOS on some motherboards but wil it still work with OSX?

What fan control app? Are you talking about a none software fan control thats part of a desktop fan? If thats the case why would that stop working in OSX.

He might be talking about controlling the fan inside of his laptop. I am having trouble with mine right now, as in the fan (when the computer gets hot) just spins up really fast and loud for about 10-15 seconds and then turns off. Unlike windows where it is comes on for about a minute on a medium speed to cool down to inside. Is their a way to get OSX to do this as well?

• 5 months later...

Hey!

The only really problem that I have with kalyway 10.5.2 is that my laptop's fan is always running at max speed.

I have tried every kernel possible at install and am now currently on vanilla kernel.

The system can't adress my core duo intel and shows in the system profiler "2.39 ghz unknown 1 core cpu". I can't use a fan utility by some reason, most likely because my cpu isn't adressed correctly.

Is it dangerous for the laptop to always run with fans at max? is there any working solution?

The laptop is a new Zepto Znote 6324w, the fans work as normal in vista so dust is not the issue here.

Thanks for a great forum!