usb problem

Gopan

10 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I have a typical problem facing with my hp530 working on kalyway10.5.2 . Problem is after the notebook boot if we want to insert mouse or pendrive ,external hard drive etc through usb system gets hangs. Restart is only the way by removing the usb attach. But some time when we attach these devices machine will continue working with out any problem. Once it started working till the restart it will work without any problem.

I also tried by inserting the devices in usb ports and boot the machine. Then also some times it will get booted up with working usb devices and some times shows kernal pannic while booting.

I have tried many things by refering this forum, like lingon , cache deleting method ,usb logger etc . Nothing helps me with a solution.

Can any one suggest some method to sort out this issue? This is the only problem I am facing with my Hp 530 in leopard. I have loaded VMWARE and loaded windows XPP also . All the hardwares are working except this USB intermittent , and Line in sound.

Gopan

Hi friends,

I have a typical problem facing with my hp530 working on kalyway10.5.2 . Problem is after the notebook boot if we want to insert mouse or pendrive ,external hard drive etc through usb system gets hangs. Restart is only the way by removing the usb attach. But some time when we attach these devices machine will continue working with out any problem. Once it started working till the restart it will work without any problem.

I also tried by inserting the devices in usb ports and boot the machine. Then also some times it will get booted up with working usb devices and some times shows kernal pannic while booting.

I have tried many things by refering this forum, like lingon , cache deleting method ,usb logger etc . Nothing helps me with a solution.

Can any one suggest some method to sort out this issue? This is the only problem I am facing with my Hp 530 in leopard. I have loaded VMWARE and loaded windows XPP also . All the hardwares are working except this USB intermittent , and Line in sound.

Gopan

I have updated my post regarding lingon method. and the likely problem is incompatible kernel and system.kext version. If you have not checked recently, then here it is

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

other than that not sure what is causing the usb problem. try a reinstall with some other method like iATKOS

LioNext

I have tried all the steps mentioned in your post. I am so unlucky and my notebook behaves as previous.

I could notice some thing which I can share now , that may be trigger a point in you to solve the issue.

My kernal is 9.2.0 , kext is also same.It was different and corrected( Installed with USB _FIX link shown in your post) OS Leopard Kalyway 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.2

Created kext loading procedure with lingon and after booting the system the result got from kextstat in terminal and USB PROBER is attached.

When usb ports works the log in USBPROBER will be with 7 components loaded.

If we manually try to load the missing kext in terminal, funny thing happens is that particular kext will get load and some other will disappear from USBPROBER log.

Toggling kext are IOUSBHIDDriver, IOUSBMassStorageClass,com.Apple.CompositeDriver ..... allthe others are remaining stable is USBPROBER log

By loading IOUSBMassStorageClass interminal is also not making the usb works.

thanks

Gopan

post-156729-1211433225_thumb.png

LioNext

I have tried all the steps mentioned in your post. I am so unlucky and my notebook behaves as previous.

I could notice some thing which I can share now , that may be trigger a point in you to solve the issue.

My kernal is 9.2.0 , kext is also same.It was different and corrected( Installed with USB _FIX link shown in your post) OS Leopard Kalyway 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.2

Created kext loading procedure with lingon and after booting the system the result got from kextstat in terminal and USB PROBER is attached.

When usb ports works the log in USBPROBER will be with 7 components loaded.

If we manually try to load the missing kext in terminal, funny thing happens is that particular kext will get load and some other will disappear from USBPROBER log.

Toggling kext are IOUSBHIDDriver, IOUSBMassStorageClass,com.Apple.CompositeDriver ..... allthe others are remaining stable is USBPROBER log

By loading IOUSBMassStorageClass interminal is also not making the usb works.

thanks

Gopan

Not sure when you might have tried the installer posted on my thread. there was some issue with the installer not force deleting and overwriting the kexts. That has been fixed. so try the 1.3 version and choose 9.2.0 kernel + system.kext with IOUSBFamily restore (last option) also checked. Lets see if that helps you or not. if it does not then we will come back to lingon.

LioNEXT

I have tried as you mentioned , but no luck. The new version also not helping me to solve my problem.

No problem waiting for experts comment on this. You may please mark whatever suggestions you have on this

Thanks

Gopan

okay my feeling is that your hardware might actually need pcgenusb as it hangs at boot. So I would need following:

1) Either write a detailed hardware configuration here or make a signature. Go to My Controls and edit signature. Copy mine here and replace with your hardware.

2) Search the forums for your mobo if you need to use pcgenusb. Use this search website if you r not geeky enough:

http://######.com/osx86search/

3) I posted a link to IOUSBFamily-308.4.0 (use one without log name in it) on my recent post. Install that first so that we make sure framework files are not corrupted. (This is all vanilla kexts and no modification). I am assuming that you already have the same kernel and system.kext version (9.2.0 or 9.2.2). After performing this step, let me know if it solved. If not then follow next.

3) Before you even used this installer the first time sometime ago, what was the problem then? What I am trying to understand is that you might actually need pcgenusb driver and you had removed it using this installer. So it may panic during boot when the bios does not transfer its controller to the OS. If you think you actually need that pcgen containing IOUSBFamily.kext, then download from here and install it and report back if you still have problem.

http://osx86.wikidot.com/utilities-resources

LioNEXT

Thanks for your reply.I have tried the all the steps one by one , No luck. The last one really put me in trouble.After applying that kext (I am using kext helper for these ) , system was not booting at all ! Kernel panic shows always. Normally I do experiments on my another 160GB hard disk, but this time I tried on my normally using Hard drive and for some time got tensed. Finally I could boot in safe mode and removed that kext and put back the old one and system started working fine other than the USB problem which continues as usual.

I am going to explain everything in detail this time . What all I had done and its result , which will guide you to pin point my problem.

My System Details as follows

Make : HP Business Notebook : Model HP530

Processor : Intel Core Duo T2300 Processor (1.66Ghz) SSE3 supports ( But I am using single core , disabled the other core in BIOS Setup)

RAM : 2 GB DDR2 @667 Mhz

Hard Disk : 160 GB Sata @5400 rpm

Optical Drive : DVD RW Dual Layer ( Working out of the box)

Chipset : Intel 945GME Express

Graphics : Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 950

Display : 15.4" WXGA Bright view , Resolution 1280x800 ( Working Out of the Box)

Audio : Conexant CX20468,Integrated mono speaker , Stereo out and mic in sockets ( Speaker working perfect but mic in and audio out sockets are not working)

Net Work : Intel 82562GT 10/100 (Working Perfect)

WiFi : Broadcom 4311 ,802.11a/b/g ( Perfect working , detected as Airport)

Modem : Conexant Modem ( Not tested it and may not working , It is not at all required)

Pointing Device : Synoptic Touch Pad ( Working perfect , except the scroll feature)

Ports : 2USB2.0, VGA Out,PCMCIA (Not working and not tried to make it work) RJ11,RJ45

Web Cam : External USB cam , Make INTEX Cyber eye Silver ( Perfectly working with iusbcam software I purchased through web)

OS Running : Kalyway Leopard the first edition 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.2

Applications : Almost all applications works fine including ichat video , PHoto booth

My Problem : I have noticed the following things that during the installation of leopard my USB Mouse works fine and even after the restart for once it will continues working, but after shut down- again if you keep the mouse in USB

port and restart the machine kernel panic may come. Some time it will run through . If I am not using USB mouse or any USB device during boot , system boots perfect and after booting If I insert USB mouse or

Pen Drive perhaps System hangs or Panic button comes , or cursor moves stuck manner or works fine with out any issue. If it start working during the insert of device , it will continue working till I shut down the

system.

I was thinking If my sleep function works well , I could have kept the system always on . No need to shut down once it mount USB devices. But when I press sleep button display goes and Notebook Fan etc working

When we touches on touch pad or any key display comes back. So it is not actual sleep mode.

Yesterday I had done some experiments: I have installed the following

1) MAC OS 10.4.3 (8f1111g) Kernel 8.3.1 ,Sytem kext 8.3.1 ( No mouse Problem . .. any time I can Insert USB devices, any time I can boot by inserting USB devices ... works perfect)

2)Upgraded this with ToH Leopard 10.5 Kernel 9.0.0 System kext 9.0.0 ( No luck same old usb issue continues)

3)Installed ToH by formating Hard disk ( Same version ) Result is same ... No luck usb

4)Installed Kalyway 10.5.1 ( Same Result) Upgraded to 10.5.2 Kernel 9.2.0 System kext 9.2.0 ( No luck USB )

5)Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel 9.2.2 System 9.2.2 (Result is same , No luck USB)

6)Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 selected SSE3 Kernel during installation . Enabled Dual cores of CPU in BIOS and it works fine. USB problem still continues but I am able to work on both core of CPU. Only problem in installing kalyway 10.5.2 is display is not properly working . It could display resolution of 1068x768..? (some what near .. I forgot the exact number . Not taking 1280X800) I think it can be solve? I have to search in forum for that.

I have iATKOS with me , but after installation when it reboot nothing appears on display. I do not know why.

These are my details . I hope you will get some clue for helping me based on this

Rgds

GOPAN

you said you tried 10.4.3. How did you try that? Do you mean the intel versions 10.5 or later. Okay, why I am asking is can you install 10.4.9 for example and see if USB work for you. Then what we can do is use those kexts and framework from tiger in the leopard version and see if that helps.

My instinctive feeling is some problems like this can be resolved with older working kexts. If you found out that yes this can work, then here is the place is to download the appropriate intel version installer (from tiger, for example, 10.4.9) and install it using Pacifist. Choose "replace" as option to replace all the kexts and framework when it asks. Also try this on a different partition to test.

http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers...d/usbdebug.html

you may need to register as adc member (free) to get it. Some can be downloaded without any registration or login i think. if you cant get it let me, know i will upload for you.

PS: Give this a quick try first. On the partition that you use for testing, put the IOUSBFamily.kext from the tiger version into the leopard version and see if that alone helps. If it does not yet, then go further and replace these framework file also from tiger to leopard. /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/Headers/USB and /System/Library/Frameworks/kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/IOKit/USB.

Dont forget to delete the extension.mkext file and repair permissions when you do so. easiest thing is to use pacifist. Caution: if you use the mpkg installer directly, it will not force install the previous versions on leopard, so use pacifist.

LioNEXT,

Thanks for the reply. I will try today evening as you said. Now I am in my office and working . I had already registered and I can access developers site.

About 10.4.3 I mentioned is Tiger only. I formatted the Hard drive and installed OSX Tiger 10.4.3 .With that version USB does not have any problem. Perfect working. I do not have 10.4.9 DVD , but I will download the kernel/kext and will have a try as you said .

I will get back to you tonight.

If my USB problem solved I could have work mic in etc through USB sound card. Now what I am doing is with my bluetooth headset connects to notebook and in ichat uses that one as mic.

Regards

Gopan

i think your problem most likely be fingering too much on your system.... if usb worked flawless before there is no reason for it to not work right now... usb's standard doesnt change... only if you had bios problem for usb2.0 port (aka high speed bus, which is fixed by pcgenusb2 driver)

if you didnt have any trouble before, it should not have any trouble now...

what can you do?

install brand new kalyway 10.5.2, and make sure you first erase the partition first using disk utility/erase menu before going into install window

also if you dont/didnt have any usb 2.0 ports to not work problem, make sure to UNCHECK PCGENUSB2 in patches section of the customize window...

after the install, create your account etc (make sure you assing password!) use the usb fix installer v1.3 (this is the installer i made for LioNEXT's topic)

if you unchecked pcgenusb2 in the kalyway, you can uncheck the IOUSBFamily fix in the usb fix installer as well, bcoz you will not have the pcgenusb2 problem therefore no need fix for that...

try and see what happens... and post your results in LioNEXT's topic, WHY? bcoz people usually dont bother reading too much around, it is better to have one centralized topic for certain problems than to use the forum as a personal/customer support place... which I think is the most ridicilous idea all the stupid noobs making, they dont read anything around, and keep creating more and more new topics when there is already answers around... this will be my only answer for you if you dont use the lionext's usb topic...

good luck...