Blue screen after 2 weeks problem-free use ! help!

13 posts in this topic

After a new build and clean install of the newest kalyway version 10.5.2 I was pretty happy with my hackintosh.

core2duo 2.4, hd2600 pro 512, 667 ram x 2gb, 160g sata hitachi 7200rpm hdd, sata asus optical.

Everything was going well for me, until I realised that in my graphics card info, QE and CI were both disabled.

I thought this might be why I had some artifacts during use of the dock, and why the LOUPE in Aperture had

destructive effects to my Aperture photo files. It just made them black when I moved the LOUPE tool around the photo.

Anyway I had installed the natit kext that comes with the kalyway 10.5.2 installer package, but nothing else.

I tried to install the trakias package, but upon opening/installing the package, I was asked to restart my computer.

When I turn on my computer now, all I get is the apple/white loading screen, and then a blue screen, with no mouse pointer.

Is my install doomed? I had a lot of apps and files (45gb of music in itunes) and photos etc.....that I really need.

I am considering just doing a fresh install, and saying goodbye to everything unless I get some advice.

Let it sit. There might be a permissions error. I've heard of some people letting it sit for a loooong time, then it will finally load. The use Disk Utility to repair permissions.

Unless you're willing to reinstall, you might have to boot from the DVD and use Terminal to remove/replace the video files.

Thanks LRSD..... I have tried to boot from dvd, but nothing seems to work, including pressing F8, (it lets me pick the dvd as boot, but then seem to use hdd anyway), also tried all the mac boot key options, but I guess they do not work on hackintosh. I will try letting it load for an hour or so, and see if it eventually comes up. The longest I have tried so far is about 10 minutes of blue screen.

So I screwed up my so-far near perfect Leopard install, but trying to get QE/CI on my 2600PRO 512 graphics card. Installed the Triakis package and ever since my start up sequence freezes at the blue screen just after the apple white screen loading part.

I want to access my terminal and delete the triakis stuff, if possible, rather than reformatting my drive (which has at least 55gb or files/apps installed. Even if I wanted to format the HDD, I cannot boot from DVD anyway, so do not think I can do anything right now.....

I do not have a firewire port, so I guess accessing my hard drive from my apple g4 powerbook is not an option...

I have pressed F8 during start up, and selected to boot from DVD drive, but it does not change anything. The hard drive still boots up.

I have also tried the 'press any key to boot from CD' option, but to no avail. It does not recognize my keystrokes, no matter what I press.

Help please, I feel hopeless. :rolleyes:

Have you by any chance set your DVD drive paramaters manually in the BIOS (it will only boot with everything set to AUTO on my rig)? Booting from the DVD is definitely a BIOS problem and not an OS one.

Cheers,

hecker

PS: You should also try booting OSX with the -v -s to boot into single user mode (input switches by pressing F8 several times before the Darwin promt (or apple gray screen) shows up.

Pressing F8 only brings up the 2 options, 'boot from hitachi hdd, or boot from asus dvd drive'.....

I choose asus dvd and press enter, and the boot sequence continues straight to the blue screen,

Thanks for the suggestions Hecker! and thanks for pointing my attention toward the bios rather than osx. I am a

newbie when it comes to problems like this.

So I just tried command v and command x booting, and it does nothing different, just acts as though i am not pressing any buttons....couldn't be the USB keyboard, because f8 and del work, to access bios menus, and boot options (only dvd or hdd options though, which make no difference to the way it boots).........Also I let it hang on the blue screen for 5-7 hours yesterday and it kept hanging.....no luck.just bought a cheap ps2 mouse/keyboard (was using the new model apple keyboard(wired) and a optical usb mouse from logicool. First time with these plugged in, I was able to boot from disk with command V....lets see what happens.....