[WTB] Broken 20" iMac G5

edude03

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm in search of a broken iMac G5.

I bought one on ebay the other day with applecare and such, though the hinge broke

and the mac fell off my desk and died :(

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to sell me a broken mac since

most of the parts are still salvageable.

all I need is chassis, LCD (I think my still works though) and mid plane

I believe the processor is removeable (correct me if I'm wrong) I have a PSU superdrive etc.

I don't really have alot of cash, but since I desperately need a computer for school

I am willing to trade.

Thanks for looking,

-Michael

wow man great advise... why don't you just give him a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it...

Sure thing. I figured everyone knew not to buy expensive Apple products from eBay. If something goes wrong you're pretty much screwed. If he got it from Apple, it would be fixed and he would be fine.

But yeah, sorry for not feeling sorry for someone who's an idiot.

Macshiba... I don't argue with people on the internet but you realize that you are an idiot.

Apple does not repair items with physical damage, because if they did, I still have apple care like I said above.

Furthermore, even if I _did_ buy it from apple, they won't care that the hinge broke because the computer would all smashed and thus they wouldn't believe that it got smashed due to the broke hinge.

Regardless, if anyone has some of those parts, I would be greatful if I got a reply.

Thanks,

Michael

yeah Macshiba lay off it man... You are completely wrong here and seem to be the idiot. What you saying is like if I owned a mac and I knocked it off my desk (delibrate or accidental which cannot be proven) then apple would repair it. Which is total bollocks they only repair things that have went wrong due to there own software/hardware.

Good luck finding what you need edude03

Okay, let me try again, and excuse me being a huge douche.

If you want me to be helpful then I'll try.

Try Craigslist, all over the area, sometimes people are willing to ship things, and sometimes a lot cheaper than if they're selling them if they were picked up.

I don't really know where else you could try. If you got it from eBay, perhaps they'll end up with having some iMac parts listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-17-iMac-G5-parts...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's all I could find. A little pricy, but it seems to be what you might need.

It's cheaper than buying a brand new one.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your support,

I talked to the guy who sold me the mac and he said he might be able to aquire another one for me :D

If that doesn't go through then I'm back to PC land : /

Thanks again

-Michael