Compaq F700

dude998866

11 posts in this topic

I have found several threads in which users mention success installing leopard on this notebook. I however after trying everything I could think of could not get Leopard to get leopard to recognise the hard drive. So if anyone who has successfully installed on this laptop could please share the steps that they followed it would be much appreciated.

Bryce

Hi, I have a Compaq F600 and I have installed OSX on my comp(Leo2Allv2) but I forgot the AMD patch so it didn't work and I gave up so I am currently trying to do Leo4Allv3 and if I can get it to work I will try to help you out!

No I never ran into this problem, I guess you could find out what kind of hard drive it is and check around some of the threads here for info(since people don't seem to want to help anyone around here lol) and if heres nothing just either add the info of the HD here or on a new thread. I really am no expert on this stuff so I wouldn't know what to tell you. But as a side note I did get Leo4Allv3 to install but it doesn't recognize my laptops built in key board and mouse and I don't have a usb keyboard yet so I can't fill out the registration to continue.

Weird, you wouldn't think the F700 anf F600 would be all that different. I never could figure out how to inject my HD ID's into the iso so as i could boot and have the installer see the drive. Maybe mine used a newer nForce chipset. Yeah I have noticed that there seem to be a lot more answers than questions on these boards. Would you mind listingthe steps you took to install it. Maybe there is some little thing your doing that I'm not....

Thanks for your help.

Just got the F700 myself -- was only able to get Kalyway Leo to install on an external HD -- But didn't use it much -- couldn't get any of the nvidia drivers to work...and some programs wouldn't run without crashing..... I'd also be interested to know if anyone can figure out how to get this ($399 Staples buy) laptop to work....

As far as I can figure from reading posts, people have figured out how to run their nVidia SATA drives post install only. For somereason they have not yet provided a folowable ( yes I made that word up) guide that explains how to modify your ISO with yor nVidia SATA device ID's. If somone knows how to do this and can explain it in a simple easy to follow mannor that does not involve owning a mac, it would be much appreciated.

All I did was put in the disc it loaded up I then formatted my hard drive and continued and hit the customize button before installing to choose my stuff and I'm not fully sure what I chose but I think I picked for Graphics card Nvidia6xxx series or something and for chipset it was something Nvidia and for wireless I chose the broadcom one, and for sound it was like AC9 something(I think) and I can't remember the rest lol.

Yeah I am hoping to find some info on how to either modify my iso or inject a kext on the dvd boot or possibly just on the bootloader since my keyboard works there for some reason.

Is it just me or does it seem like people arn't eager to tell thei stories here. I know that peopel have done what I want to do. Could someone please tell me how to install onto a SATA drive on an AMD platform.

• 9 months later...
Hi, I have a Compaq F600 and I have installed OSX on my comp(Leo2Allv2) but I forgot the AMD patch so it didn't work and I gave up so I am currently trying to do Leo4Allv3 and if I can get it to work I will try to help you out!

Did you get it to work? Would be nice to get a step by step from someone with an f700....

B.