Installation on a Dell Latitude XT Tablet

blowry22

83 posts in this topic

after going through painstaking processes, it almost works...

net works, sound works, wifi works, and even recognizes touch (not well though)

though...mouse or bootloader doesn't...but I have a mac on a dell xt2

hey,

i also have an xt2 and toying with installing osx.

can you please tell me which version exactly you installed? to you still need the boot options you mentioned before?

what about the graphics? is it working well?

thanks

hey,

i also have an xt2 and toying with installing osx.

can you please tell me which version exactly you installed? to you still need the boot options you mentioned before?

what about the graphics? is it working well?

thanks

to be honest I selected only voodoo kernel and ps2 mouse with track support. After that I installed the dell post installer with wireless I think 1395 (not broadcom) and sound idt

after I restarted a few times everything worked

the screen is 1024x768 and no matter what I've tried that still didn't do anything

this was using iatkos v7

@domineus

good job! If you search the forum for 'dell x4500', there's quite a few threads - I think some people have been able to get proper resolution but not acceleration. Under driver selection, you could select intel sata ahci, battery icon, maybe try one of the power managements.

• 7 months later...

I owned a XT2 for a while recently - here's some info about a leopard install that I did. Compared to the original XT (ati chipset, hard drive not seen) it was straightforward - apart from a boot1 error.

Used iDeneb v1.6, (10.5.8), other than the items already selected at the customise screen, I also selected 'intel ahci' and 'voodoo ps2' (otherwise you get a 'waiting for boot device' and 'no keyboard found' messages). Voodoo hda works great for audio. To get the correct resolution for the x4500 graphics I used the 'GMA4500_Native_Resolution.zip' at the start of this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192830

(Graphics properties then showed that I had a X3100 card!)

Pen, Touch, mouse

Pen and touch worked perfectly in leopard with no problems - thanks again to bognan_adnan's kext - but note that on the Windows partition I had the single touch (multi gesture) ntrig driver installed (therefore the digitiser firmware was also single touch - when you install ntrig drivers in windows, the ntrig digitiser firmware is also updated).

I then installed the current multi touch ntrig drivers in windows to see what effect the multitouch firmware would have in leopard. On booting back into leopard, everything seemed normal (trackpad, mouse buttons, pen) - until I touched the screen - then the left mouse button stopped working and touch calibration would be completely out. Touching the screen with the pen would bring everything back to normal.

So I reinstalled the single touch drivers/firmware :D

NB it's usually recommended to uninstall current ntrig software before installing different ntrig software and to remove the battery and hold the power button down for 2 mins to remove the firmware (but please check for yourself what the correct procedure might be!).

post-69855-1283112178_thumb.png

I owned a XT2 for a while recently - here's some info about a leopard install that I did. Compared to the original XT (ati chipset, hard drive not seen) it was straightforward - apart from a boot1 error.

Used iDeneb v1.6, (10.5.8), other than the items already selected at the customise screen, I also selected 'intel ahci' and 'voodoo ps2' (otherwise you get a 'waiting for boot device' and 'no keyboard found' messages). Voodoo hda works great for audio. To get the correct resolution for the x4500 graphics I used the 'GMA4500_Native_Resolution.zip' at the start of this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192830

(Graphics properties then showed that I had a X3100 card!)

Pen, Touch, mouse

Pen and touch worked perfectly in leopard with no problems - thanks again to bognan_adnan's kext - but note that on the Windows partition I had the single touch (multi gesture) ntrig driver installed (therefore the digitiser firmware was also single touch - when you install ntrig drivers in windows, the ntrig digitiser firmware is also updated).

I then installed the current multi touch ntrig drivers in windows to see what effect the multitouch firmware would have in leopard. On booting back into leopard, everything seemed normal (trackpad, mouse buttons, pen) - until I touched the screen - then the left mouse button stopped working and touch calibration would be completely out. Touching the screen with the pen would bring everything back to normal.

So I reinstalled the single touch drivers/firmware :unsure:

NB it's usually recommended to uninstall current ntrig software before installing different ntrig software and to remove the battery and hold the power button down for 2 mins to remove the firmware (but please check for yourself what the correct procedure might be!).

hey pegasys, have you tried touch-base.com for the multi-touch driver? they custom build touch screen drivers for you and give you free trials to see if they work. Also, how fast does osx run on the xt?

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!

I tought it might interest you, that I had the same problem with the recognition of the internal HD on my DELL Lattitude D630 laptop.

I HAVE tried to get the HD out of my laptop and using an USB Sata adapter installing OSX directly on the drive.

That did work... HOWEVER OLY WHILE USING IT AS USB.

as soon as I put the HD back inside the laptop, i was able to select the Mac OSX partition to boot from, but it never got there. (there actually was a tiny stop-sign sometimes when the gray screen with the apple logo appears, depending on the bootloader of which i've tried a few)

I'm not sure how this might apply to the Latitude XT Tablet, but it sounds like the same issue, so..

cheers

• 7 years later...

not a bad idea. I've since moved on to a macbook pro 2013 and also a macbook pro 2017. Though, I am curious how the dell xt2 fares with the current hackintosh scene. It could be a fun project especially since I still have my dell xt2 and the only issue is acquiring a 2.5 (or 1.8 not sure) sata hard drive. Even I'm curious about the performance