S3 Sleep on DS3L

iSkylla

32 posts in this topic

I have a very stable iATKOS v1 install with shutdown/reboot/sleep(S3) . Since gigabyte 965P-DS3 and X35-DS3 aren't that far off, I can suggest use an iATKOS install since it is the closest install you can get to vanilla install, as compared to kalyway, brazilmac and many others. And from there, if you get problems with su/reboot, then use netkas 9.2.0 kernel (which is what I have), with matching 9.2.0 system.kext. I can almost assure you that you will have all three things working very well with a stable install.

It's wierd, I get waiting for root device with iAtkos 1.0ir2, I'm almost done with v2.0i right now so I will try that when it's done.

i have iAtkos v1 laying around here somewhere. Its the 10.5.1 install though. Ill give that a shot tomorrow and if that doesnt work i'll go retail. Ill let you guys know what happens with it.

If it does work i'll probably install the 10.5.2 update the manaul way instead of using kalyways updater, just in case kalyway made it a little too non-vanilla.

Kalyway graphics didn't work for me, Leo4all v3 is the only thing that works with my 8800GTS 320MB, I guess I'll have to take another stab at it with the Leo4all v3 graphics drivers with Retail install. Hopefully my iAtkos v2 will be done tomorrow and I can also try that.

I tried installing iAtkos v1 10.5.1 but every time i booted i would get stuck in the post screen with the flashing underscore as if the mobo didnt recognize the hdd. I tried it with 2 hdds, both formatted as MBR and GUI but nothing helped. Ill download a newer iAtkos and see if that helps. Any idea why the 10.5.1 iatkos cd crapped out on me?

Im downloading iAtkos v2 as i type. Hopefully this one works.

I have an asus p5k-e mobo (i know that it's completely different from yours) but i just need some information.I have installed kalyway 10.5.1 and then upgraded to 10.5.2 through the kalyway combo. ( System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C31) Kernel Version: Darwin 9.2.0)I have a nVidia 7900GT working perfectly with nVinject 0.21.My hackintosh works great,no freezes, it shutdowns and restarts correctly. I have not changed the default kernel.The only problem that i have is that it doesnt wake up from sleep. It sleeps ok (S3 : hard disks,fans stopping etc,) , but when i wake it up, the hard disks,fans etc start again but i have no signal to my monitor..I would like to fix it if it is possible and I wonder:is this a problem of the graphics card? Do i need different drivers(eg efi graphics)?Or do i need different kernel?Could you give me any hints??Thanks in advance!
I have seen that myself. I read on some forums that 8800GTS gives problem, system starts but screen remains black for several seconds (this on windows). Personally, I have notices (with my 8600GT) that with 3 GHz (9x333), I do not get any problem waking from sleep (S3). Its near instantaneous. However, if I set 3.2 GHz (8x400) to get 1:1 timing with 800 MHz RAM, the system is perfectly stable otherwise. But on waking from sleep, the screen will remain black, all though the system light comes on. So it looks like your sleep issue may very well be related to something like this if it overclocked.
I tried installing iAtkos v1 10.5.1 but every time i booted i would get stuck in the post screen with the flashing underscore as if the mobo didnt recognize the hdd. I tried it with 2 hdds, both formatted as MBR and GUI but nothing helped. Ill download a newer iAtkos and see if that helps. Any idea why the 10.5.1 iatkos cd crapped out on me?Im downloading iAtkos v2 as i type. Hopefully this one works.
I have seen that multiple times when I used to use MBR ( in the beginning of my hack world ;) ). I fixed it by using that brazilmac patch guide which teaches how to set it bootable. That cursor is simply because the volume is yet not set to being bootable (I know I know you have installed that bootloader, but still it wont). Later I read a lot and then went ahead to use GUID method and EFI_v8 installed before I went for iATKOS install. During iATKOS install, I did not install the darwin bootloader. And the system came out fine.

Alright, big news this thread needs a bump. I installed iAtkos v1 (10.5.1), then my video drivers. Instant flippin' sleep and wake. Im ecstatic. Im going to try updating with the kalyway updater and hope it still works. Wish me luck!

EDIT:

Kick-ass!

I installed:

1)iAtkos v1 (10.5.1)

2) Kalyway's 10.5.2 updater

3) The newest smbios from netkas.

4) All the apple updates.

I now have full sleep. Quick as anything. I havent tested reboot/shutdown, but this is the first tim i have gotten sleep on this machine. Go me! lol

The only sleep issue is that when i wake it gives me the warning that my usb thumb drive was improperly unmounted. This isnt a big deal because i can just remember to eject it before i sleep, but it would be good to know if there is a fix for that.

Ill report back with shutdown/reboot in a few minutes.