Network stops working after ~30 Minutes

10 posts in this topic

Hi I have Leo4allv2 on my Hackpro and for the last few days its just been dropping all network access after its been on for about half an hour.

I have to shutdown it down and turn it back on (warm reboot doesn't fix it) for it to reconnect. Sometimes it even says the network cable isnt even plugged in, and I have to actually turn the PSU off with the switch on the back and then turn it back on for it to work again.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? The specs are in my sig.

Had more or less the same problem with another computer of mine that used Intel PRO Ethernet. It turned out to be faulty drivers, since there were no alternate drivers, in my case I couldn't solve the problem.

The wierd thing is it was working fine until recently, and AFAIK nothing has changed. I'm the only user. I could try another NIC, but its a realtek onboard NIC that from what I can tell is fully supported

Install and run Wireshark, check what comes up when you get disconnected. Maybe google has an answer, if not, just upload the log somewhere and post it here. Just omit certain details from the log, e.g. passwords.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems i was wrong. I haven't made any updates save for applications, and it started giving me problems yesterday again. No updates have been made the system for a few days, and it was working fine saturday. Right now OS X is saying no cable is plugged in, yet i have a green and amber light on the network jack which begs to differ. If i reboot sometimes it sees its connected, but with a self-assigned address. My DHCP server is a seperate box from my router because it functions as a PXE server, and its not having any trouble so it has to be this machine. Is it my onboard NIC going out? Because a reload of the OS fixed it.

i boot with -f so i can use my PS/2 kb and mouse. I would use USB if i didnt have to use the KVM

Edit: I just swapped in a PCI NIC and all is well again. I geuss the on-board was just failing. Its not the first time for an onboard NIC to fail on me, Just the first time with a Gigabyte board.