iSight 64Bit drivers for Vista running on a Hackintosh

Professor

8 posts in this topic

Hey :-)

I installed successfully Leopard on a Gigabyte P35 DS4-PC. Ok, but now i want to use Vista on another HD, like Mac users do use Bootcamp - well almost like it.

I bought a firewire iSight, and even got the 64Bit Driver Boot Camp CD by now. But the damn installer of Bootcamp checks, if it is a mac running vista - and since its a pc running vista, it fails to install, because of "wrong system".

I need those drivers. Is it possible to extract the installer.exe of the iSight drivers somehow, to get it unpacked?

Is there anybody, who solved this problem?

Thanks for an answer. :P

Why do you want vista?The easiest thing to do would be parallels

Think Mark

O.K. Thanks for your remark. But even with parallels i need the drivers - and there is still software around, which needs a vista installation, or xp that is. And i want my hardware to work with it. I hope its ok with you.

so if its possible, if someone has a trick to get the firewire iSight to work in Vista 64Bit, that would be cool.

I believe that the Built-in iSight (USB) can use the bootcamp drivers, but not hte FireWire iSight.

You are correct.

Firewire iSights were for PPC architecture Macs, they were soon replaced with USB built in iSights in the intel chipsets.

Please don't misinform, FireWire iSight has nothing to do with PPC, I use my FireWire with my PPC PowerBook as well on my Hackintoshes and on a Mac Pro, I alos can use my FireWire iSight on windows without any driver, of course the Mic is not recognized.

But I think that apple didn't include FireWire Drivers on the BootCamp disk, is true that they do not offer the FireWire iSight anymore, but there is no iSight for Mac Pro or Mac Mini right now on the Apple Store.